Has Mercedes Benz Lost the Plot?

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Near all is fake today.. Big shame.

I guess people want it all but don’t want to/have the means to pay.

When manufacturers put fake trim on cars and the consumers love it goes to show, you can sell any crap to the masses

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Sure seems that way... But it's makers spending millions on fake stufg

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Could be to appease the Vegans etc. using man made as standard stops complaints making leather optional, but should really be a no cost option on a car costing over say £60k....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I have a mix of Artico and Dinamica (like Alcantara but different brand) on mine and still happy with it after nearly five years.
The later materials are very good. Early artico was terrible for splitting and the dinamica bobbled badly.

On that note how do you say Dynamica? Is it Di-namica or Dina-Mica?

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
The leather argument is a funny one.

I think there is a fine line between the two.. My E class, I suspect has Artico, and has held up VERY WELL, at 227k miles.

I have access to some other cars with real leather and I must say I much prefer the real leather.

Not sure if it would be a deal breaker for a new purchase, but I would certainly try and get real leather if it were on the cards.

lewyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
‘Real’ leather is plastic coated now so not so different from pleather.

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
Given the choice I'd go for alcantara/suede type seats. Very grippy

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Back around last Christmas I was looking at replacing our Audi A3 hybrid runaround with an A250e, and while the CLK was in the dealership being looked at, I was having an exploratory chat with the sales chappie.
He told me that neither the A Class or B Class are available with leather seats any more - not even as an option - just the nasty sweaty plastic taxi-spec Mercedes man-made Artico substitute.
Apparently the small car ownership demographichas an increasing proportion of vegetarian and vegan buyers. (I don't want to eat the b**** seats, just sit on them!) Yesterday he told me that you now can't get the "luxury" CLA with leather either....
In more bad news, MB have stopped taking orders for hybrid A & B Class with immediate effect and are going to phase both series out completely in 2025. Not enough profit in small cars - they are going to put all the resources into the big Chelsea tractor ranges that start with the GLA because the profit margins are better.
Horrid great things - and a liability in Somerset's lanes.
Is it "Bye Bye" Mercedes?
WIHIH?
The annoying thing is that if you go into the Mercedes Ireland site, you can order the A250e with Leather as well as many other optional extras to make the car how YOU want it. It seems that only the UK are shafted by MB.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Given the choice I'd go for alcantara/suede type seats. Very grippy
Same as Artico is man made, alcantara is a synthetic textile made from polyester and polyurethane.
I had it before in a Lancia Thema turbo, I liked it too.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
The later materials are very good. Early artico was terrible for splitting and the dinamica bobbled badly.

On that note how do you say Dynamica? Is it Di-namica or Dina-Mica?
Just say fake. That covers it
And fake on a benz says much about where benz are currently....

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom