Haunted

turnipsock

Reaction score
I think my garage may be haunted, three times I went to my toolbox to get some tools and three times my 10mm ratchet spanner was out of the toolbox and lying beside the toolbox about a foot away.

I haven't used the 10mm ratchet spanner all day and all the other tools remained in the toolbox.

On Thursday night I was in the garage and something suddenly fell down. It spooked me so I shut up shop and retired to the house.

Could my garage be haunted?

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
I think my garage may be haunted, three times I went to my toolbox to get some tools and three times my 10mm ratchet spanner was out of the toolbox and lying beside the toolbox about a foot away.

I haven't used the 10mm ratchet spanner all day and all the other tools remained in the toolbox.

On Thursday night I was in the garage and something suddenly fell down. It spooked me so I shut up shop and retired to the house.

Retired to the house to finish that bottle of wine you started before you went to get your 10mm spanner you mean................;)

Last edited by a moderator:

rio678

Reaction score
Try talking to it :D , he he works for me!

My spare bedroom is haunted (the house is 195 years old) , every so often 'strange things' start to happen in there, so i just walk in there and tell it to shut up and stop messing around, then things go quiet for awhile :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its just someone throwing a spanner in the works:D :D

Malcolm

OP
turnipsock

turnipsock

Reaction score
My garage is between two graveyards. A couple of years ago I was cutting down a tree and it fell the wrong way and fell into the old graveyard and knocked down a stone. I quickly cut up the tree and stood up the gravestone, but it was a bit wobbly.

Also, I remember my dad finding some human bones beside the graveyard once, he just put them in the bin. The graveyard is very old and it was common practise for people, in the old days, that couldn't afford a funeral to bury themselves beside the graveyard.

Both these things are to do with the old graveyard and what the people in there knew about the metric system is beyond me.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We were metric back in 1900. Reynolds timing chains have only ever been metric, try and find some bones and put some pictures up, either metric or imperial.

Malcolm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Its the ones that were buried alive that you have to watch, when you dig them up if the arms have moved from the chest,you know that they were alive when buried. Perhaps in this case they were feeling a little wrenched.

Malcolm

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
Shorty after moving into this cottage I've experienced a few 'odd' things.

I was on webcam once and left the room, shortly after my friend asked me if I'd been near the cam, no I hadn't, he'd seen someone with short dark curly messy hair in my room.... No one else is the house, so this is unexplainable. I had my hair up, her hair was down.

A few months later a different friend, who knew nothing of this woman also experienced the same. But I was sat at the computer and she was behind me. He described the same as my other friend.

I've also had really cold spots and other unexplainable things...

The cottage is a few years old mind!!

Flying Scot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R129 1995
Shorty after moving into this cottage I've experienced a few 'odd' things.

I was on webcam once and left the room, shortly after my friend asked me if I'd been near the cam, no I hadn't, he'd seen someone with short dark curly messy hair in my room.... No one else is the house, so this is unexplainable. I had my hair up, her hair was down.

A few months later a different friend, who knew nothing of this woman also experienced the same. But I was sat at the computer and she was behind me. He described the same as my other friend.

I've also had really cold spots and other unexplainable things...

The cottage is a few years old mind!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH lectronically spooky

I should say - or perhaps i wont - oh go on David - OK - that i am actually Psychic i read Tarot and cast HORRORscopes :rolleyes: :D ;)

BUT when i moved here on MY INDEPENDENCE DAY 4th July 2001 well it was like coming home - when i viewed the house it just felt right - my solicitor said i had no chance - as there were 35 people bidding for the house - but i got it - and i have since discovered very very recently - that i was not the highest bidder for the property - so i guess all along it had my name on it. I am renovating and restoring the house. It is a very CRM Art Nouveau house and i want to bring the house back to as close as it can be as to what it was like when it was built - central heating double glazing (we copied the CRM leaded window design for the widow hoppers) and modern wiring not withstanding. We just stripped the paint off the doors after doing a test one and the woodwork and the craftsmanship in just the doors is amazing. BUT to get back to Spooks there is a presence here not a malevolent one though and although i live alone i feel i am never alone here - spooky or what!!!!! There is a BIG BIG Cellar too - full of both Imperial and Metric tools do you think that should be a concern - there are too many of them to notice if they move but i have noticed things going 'missing' like the granny extending wheel wrench which is TOTALLY AWOL!!!!!!

CRM = Charles Rennie Mackintosh

Last edited:

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH lectronically spooky

I should say - or perhaps i wont - oh go on David - OK - that i am actually Psychic i read Tarot and cast HORRORscopes :rolleyes: :D ;)

BUT when i moved here on MY INDEPENDENCE DAY 4th July 2001 well it was like coming home - when i viewed the house it just felt right - my solicitor said i had no chance - as there were 35 people bidding for the house - but i got it - and i have since discovered very very recently - that i was not the highest bidder for the property - so i guess all along it had my name on it. I am renovating and restoring the house. It is a very CRM Art Nouveau house and i want to bring the house back to as close as it can be as to what it was like when it was built - central heating double glazing (we copied the CRM leaded window design for the widow hoppers) and modern wiring not withstanding. We just stripped the paint off the doors after doing a test one and the woodwork and the craftsmanship in just the doors is amazing. BUT to get back to Spooks there is a presence here not a malevolent one though and although i live alone i feel i am never alone here - spooky or what!!!!! There is a BIG BIG Cellar too - full of both Imperial and Metric tools do you think that should be a concern - there are too many of them to notice if they move but i have noticed things going 'missing' like the granny extending wheel wrench which is TOTALLY AWOL!!!!!!

CRM = Charles Rennie Mackintosh

Wow!

I've done a bit of dabbling into tarot myself. Got some cards for my last birthday, but I need to read up more on them.

I had my tarot read for me a few years ago when going through a bad patch. A lot of what was said came true, moving home, new job, my allergys and the pain I suffer in my back and everything I asked around my current situation. :D Truly fascinating!

Another thing that was a bit creepy here is I keep smelling this perfume. It's not mine, or anyone elses I know. It'll drift about for a while, and then go. It's always the same perfume.

I also had a strange sensation of blood in my throat, it wasn't actually there, but I sensed it, and the first thing into my head was TB. Never thought about that :confused: until the day after, when my mum was researching the village and mentioned the huge TB problem that went on around that time...

Strange?

I just get on with her :D

Reaction score
I was on webcam once and left the room, shortly after my friend asked me if I'd been near the cam, no I hadn't, he'd seen someone with short dark curly messy hair in my room....

yep, I saw that on a web came once, she never showed it again though....;)

sorry hannah, couldn't resist.:D

I have to say I have seen some pretty odd things but then I have a very vivid imagination. I'm afraid that when you're dead you're dead. I think if there was any way to come back it would have happened by now, and not just little snippets of things that never get recorded. Things like sleep apnea are far more likely to be the cause. I also think there is some merit in the theory of strong electrical fields causing peoples brains to miss-fire. There is so much stuff flying about in the ether these days (radio waves, micro-waves, tetra masts, radar etc) there's no telling what affect they have on the old noggin.

Don't believe ghosts, ufo's fairies or any of the many different versions of God that people chose to believe in I'm afraid. I'd like to be proven wrong though, I really don't like the idea that once you're gone you're gone.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom