Heated Seat Failure ... worth the hassle to repair

K

karlos2000

seeing as I've had top drawer feedback on 2 issues in the last 3 days, might as well ask this:

SLK230, 1998 model:
fault : drivers side heated seat only gets warm on the bottom part, ie: the BACK section of the seat doesn't warm anymore. I guess that the heating matrix (?) eventually degrades and stops working??.
I also assume that as the lower section of the seat still gets warm then it can't be an electrical circuit fault otherwise it would all fail? (both seats etc)

Or, is it a simple swap out part?
I assume the 'heating bits' are built in to the seats and as they are leather makes it a costly repair??!!
Just asking here what my options are.

LYNALL

Reaction score
Item 53, mine is actually built into the leather seat cover and is not seperate, which is why it was a ****** pain to replace.

I have seen the 107 pads on e bay well the bottom ones anyway!

Lynall

OP
K

karlos2000

all over heat sir, you bet ......

Are you sure that the back rest ever heated up, there is no pad shown

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=717.460&CT=F&cat=45F&SID=91&SGR=045&SGN=01
Oh yes, the passenger seat still heats the upper and lower sections, driver's side deffo used to heat the upper and lower until recently, no big deal, just wondered if it was DIY or a garage job, personally I don't want to remove the seat so I may wait until it goes in for it's MOT etc ...... :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well it is a seat out job to fix it, could just be a broken wire, they are sewn in the seat, though you can get to it by taking off the covering

OP
K

karlos2000

Well it is a seat out job to fix it, could just be a broken wire, they are sewn in the seat, though you can get to it by taking off the covering

one for the spanner boys methinks, i'll take mucho beer tokens .......

charz

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom