Heavy Steering

len_merclover

Reaction score
Hi All,

My car had gone into repair recenlty. I was lucky enough to have use to the new e220 2008 model. However, I had noticed when returning to my 2003 model that the steering is sooo much heavier... is this an issues with my car? I was recently hit ion the side and my wheel was also hit. MB have looked into this and say there is nothing obvious except normal wear..... any advice please? I would welcome comments from drivers of similar ages / mileage cars - e270cdi, 125,000 miles,

great thanks all

Bryann

Reaction score
I have an 03 C270, have noticed my steering is heavy at low speed, I have had steering Geometry adjustment. Road tested an 08 C220 this had very light steering, was informed the new models have an option which gives you light steering at low speed gradually becoming heavier at high speed I would think the E Class would have same option! Tyre wear and pressure will affect it as well.

Bryan

Bryan

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Only the pressure from the power steering pump can alter the assistance given.

It needs an answer from Power steering components

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
what wheels are you running on Len?
The 320cdi has 'parameter steering' (speed sensitive) as standard. The 270 doesn't. Not sure if its standard fit on the run out models but it does make it much nicer to drive at low speeds.
Mine is a bit heavier than I'd like at low speeds but then I have 245 tyres to fight.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom