Hello all!!

3pointednemesis

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 2003 500
Hi guys, I’m new to this and already am starting to regret getting involved with this marque.. Nice cars but Mercedes have a way of cutting us guys out of doing anything to their creations!! (Although the challenge is a sick kind of pleasure!?!)

I have a ‘close boot separator message’ prohibiting the roof operating. I have removed the micro switch and bridged the two pins.. close message is still on. I have also checked the switch with a meter and it’s fine.
I’ve checked the pins at the switch wiring connector and one confirms earth with good resistance/continuity.
The other is a supply and measures 7.6v (was expecting battery voltage or 5v?)
I don’t have access to a current flow diagram and have tried to locate the other end of the supply wire at the vario roof Ecu but haven’t found it either with continuity testing or wire colour identification.

Can anyone confirm if this supply comes from the vario roof ecu or is the wire a can bus wire from a rear sam unit that communicates to the vario roof?

R230 2003

Many thanks
Martin

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

I’ve moved this into the technical section for you

Top Bottom