Help - Can't find the Dipstick ! W203 CDI

lotus69

Reaction score
I feel like a right dipstick asking this question but I simply cannot find it..

The car is a W203 C Class 220 CDI (01)

I have removed the large plastic engine cover & I cannot seem to find the dipstick in order to check the oil level, the manual shows a petrol model & the dipsticks location but doesn't mention the diesel model..

Would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this for me..:confused:

OP
L

lotus69

Reaction score
Have found on previous posts that the oil level is infact checked by the onboard computer, so that has cleared that up, I was wanting to change the oil & filter myself, one quite vague post mentioned something about there not being a drain plug & that the oil has to be sucked out !, is this true ?, also would welcome any recomendation for a good engine oil.

Thanks again..

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
There is a drain plug and you can get dipsticks (at additional costs however) - quite a long thread around here somewhere.
Either Mobil1 fully synth 0W-40W or Mobil 5W-40W again fully synth recommended. Both are to the MB spec and will give you the longer service intervals if you so desire by the correct setting of the ASSYST system.

OP
L

lotus69

Reaction score
Thanks for that Blobcat.

Top Bottom