Help choosing E Class Estate model around 2015

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
No it’s still a 212 (7g box and smaller central infotainment), so the OM651 engine. You need 66 plate and later for the 213..
You could get the saloon on a 16 plate but I don’t think many (if any) estates were registered until 66.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
This is what you are looking for with the new OM654 engine search for E220d as opposed to E220cdi. There are some registered before March 17 but not many if you can find one it won’t qualify for the extra £320 RFL for the first 5 years and will be £30pa

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202001126071310?postcode=le91ug&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&body-type=Estate&model=E CLASS&transmission=Automatic&advertising-location=at_cars&fuel-type=Diesel&radius=1500&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&sort=price-asc&year-from=2016&page=6

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I think cars look better with either a dark exterior and light interior or vice versa, that looks too pale
I’d agree, that colour is insipid in my eyes, but then everyone has different tastes....

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I’d agree, that colour is insipid in my eyes, but then everyone has different tastes....

I think the interior would work with a blue / grey / hyacinth red exterior but not silver

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 Ml63 AMG with performance package
My old car is up for sale at a dealer in Coventry, a unique and well looked after motor.

OP
P

Petenshe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E-Class estate 2015
Hello John,
I am about to organise a test drive of this car. Do you know if it will be the newer OM654 engine? I’m slightly bothered by the high mileage but it looks great apart from that. I’m hoping they will reduce the price a bit as we are really stretching our finances. Do you still think it looks like a good option? Sorry to ask more advise! Thank you.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello John,
I am about to organise a test drive of this car. Do you know if it will be the newer OM654 engine? I’m slightly bothered by the high mileage but it looks great apart from that. I’m hoping they will reduce the price a bit as we are really stretching our finances. Do you still think it looks like a good option? Sorry to ask more advise! Thank you.
Yes, it's a W213 with the OM654 engine
It's done ~30K per year so up and down the motorway most likely at full temperature for many hours - about the least amount of wear you can put on a car. As long as it's been serviced well then should be no issues

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hello John,
BC beat me to it! And to be fair has more knowledge of the 213- as for the price, just be cheeky they can ‘only’ say no.....

barian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 E220d
Hello John,
As Blobcat has said, it will be important to ensure that the car has been properly serviced, which would be every 15,500 miles in this case. If it has been serviced by MB there will be a digital service history, if hard copies of the service sheets are not present. Proof that the transmission fluid has been changed at the recommended interval of 77,500 miles would give confidence that it has been properly maintained. (In case you are told it is not due until 5 years, the answer is that it is mileage or time, whichever comes first.) A quick check on the DVLA site shows that the car has an outstanding recall (or more). Nothing particularly to worry about as I think it may be very recent, but something you should be aware of if the car has fallen out of the MB dealer network. It also seems to have had its first MOT in December with no advisories, which is a good sign.

OP
P

Petenshe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E-Class estate 2015
As Blobcat has said, it will be important to ensure that the car has been properly serviced, which would be every 15,500 miles in this case. If it has been serviced by MB there will be a digital service history, if hard copies of the service sheets are not present. Proof that the transmission fluid has been changed at the recommended interval of 77,500 miles would give confidence that it has been properly maintained. (In case you are told it is not due until 5 years, the answer is that it is mileage or time, whichever comes first.) A quick check on the DVLA site shows that the car has an outstanding recall (or more). Nothing particularly to worry about as I think it may be very recent, but something you should be aware of if the car has fallen out of the MB dealer network. It also seems to have had its first MOT in December with no advisories, which is a good sign.
I appreciate this help so much. Thank you. Sheila

CJD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 AMG Line, Premium Plus, S205 Estate, 2018
Try and avoid interior piano black ( black shiney plastic ) .
I whole heartedly second this, not only doesn't it look very nice - but scratches very easily.
I had a loaner with it, and my dog managed to scratch it first time he was in the car.
Black Ash is way nicer and much more durable.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom