Help! Im locked out of my car !

OP
P

Palmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 C250 TD Sport
Ive got my pump and it fitted it. It works! Well it did. I checked everything works and then i went and put my hand up the rear of the car and touched that red thing near the fuel filler by accident. I hear a wiring noise (like the pump) And now the car unlocks but wont lock. Boot opener works etc. I can hear the pump working when it unlocks, but nothing when i press lock.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
The Red thing is an emergency manual release for the fuel filler flap, pull handle rearwards, its non electric so shouldn’t set off the vacuum pump.
Take the fuse out for the vacuum pump for 10 minutes to see what happens, any chance of some pictures of the inside of the pump with the PCB removed.

Dec

OP
P

Palmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 C250 TD Sport
The Red thing is an emergency manual release for the fuel filler flap, pull handle rearwards, its non electric so shouldn’t set off the vacuum pump.
Take the fuse out for the vacuum pump for 10 minutes to see what happens, any chance of some pictures of the inside of the pump with the PCB removed.

Dec

Ive checked all the fuses and i disconnected and reconnected the pump, seeing as you said that the red handle is non electric etc.

Now works..... o_O

The fuel filler cap isnt locking at present though....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You say the locking all work from the key,if it does forget any PSE problem, is this correct

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Ive checked all the fuses and i disconnected and reconnected the pump, seeing as you said that the red handle is non electric etc.

Now works..... o_O

The fuel filler cap isnt locking at present though....[/QUOTE]

With the furl flap open, push the red manual release handle forward, this will bring the flap locking pin into view, spray this pin with WD40 and operate it manually a few times, the need some lubrication some times.

The pump is now ok?

Dec

OP
P

Palmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 C250 TD Sport
Yes all is ok now cheers. Ill try the fuel cap pin tomorrow ive got to head off to work now and it will be dark by the time i get home.

Cheers guys!

Much love ;)

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
How many seconds does the new pump run (whine) for when you lock and when you unlock?... should be no more than 3 or maybe 4 seconds.

See attached picture, the fuel flap pin should pop in and out as you lock/unlock.

Dec

Attachments

• FuelFlapCutaway2.jpg
    FuelFlapCutaway2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 4,750
OP
P

Palmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 C250 TD Sport
It didnt whine for very long.

Lo and behold the pin was not moving. Shot some WD40 down the shaft and manually operated it a few times. Then kept locking and unlocking the car whilst lubin it up!

I now have a fully functioning central locking system including the fuel filler cap and all boot release / locking buttons on the dash work! Sexy! A big thank is order for Dec and TV - nice one dudes!

The End lol

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its thanks to Dec really :D:D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom