Help Please 2016 S Class

R44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 S Class
I recently went over an enormous pot hole and severely damaged the front passenger wheel. Annoyingly not covered on my wheel insurance so got a new one.

When I had it fitted, I had both front wheels balanced and the tracking done to be sure. Everything is fine but there is a slight vibe between 60 - 70 mph, certainly noticeable given how smooth the car is. I also notice that when breaking at speed there is also a vibration as if the discs are warped but they have been checked out ok.

Any suggestions? One dealer told me it could be the hub that’s bent too. Thing is how do I get that checked out as it must be very slight.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I recently went over an enormous pot hole and severely damaged the front passenger wheel. Annoyingly not covered on my wheel insurance so got a new one.

When I had it fitted, I had both front wheels balanced and the tracking done to be sure. Everything is fine but there is a slight vibe between 60 - 70 mph, certainly noticeable given how smooth the car is. I also notice that when breaking at speed there is also a vibration as if the discs are warped but they have been checked out ok.

Any suggestions? One dealer told me it could be the hub that’s bent too. Thing is how do I get that checked out as it must be very slight.
Any garage will be able to easily measure the "disc runout" with a dial guage . Good luck

OP
R

R44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 S Class
Car booked in for Wednesday to get the hub checked with a dial gauge. Its the only thing I can think of now that's the issue.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I know that when this kind of damage occurs it gives you a real touch of bad temper - it's worse than coming back to a car park ding, so I hope you've cooled down a bit now.

But L John's
link above gives good advice particularly where it says:

Remember, in reporting a pothole, you're being a good citizen. And if the authority was negligent and didn't do the checks it should have, claiming for repairs can help put pressure on the powers that be to keep the road safe and in good condition.

So go on... get claiming!

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I know that when this kind of damage occurs it gives you a real touch of bad temper - it's worse than coming back to a car park ding, so I hope you've cooled down a bit now.

But L John's
link above gives good advice particularly where it says:

Remember, in reporting a pothole, you're being a good citizen. And if the authority was negligent and didn't do the checks it should have, claiming for repairs can help put pressure on the powers that be to keep the road safe and in good condition.

So go on... get claiming!

Definitely claim
Its the only way we will force them to maintain the roads.
“When claims exceed the cost of proper maintenance by a decent margin they will realise they have to do it.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom