Help problems with A160

jomumof3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a160/2000/1.6
Hi All i'm a newbie so sorry if i've put this in the wrong place anyway picked up my a160 on Monday evening.I knowingly purchased the car with an intermittent problem,my partners a mechanic and i'm a trainee so have pretty good knowledge of most cars but this girl is becoming a nightmare. Anyway i've nicknamed her 'jitterbug' as she likes to have a jitter if driving below 30 mph. I noticed the service light had popped on it recondes it was -18 but it was serviced less than 800miles ago by the previous owner and have the details to verify this. But I had already assumed it was a fuel filter issue so replaced this this morning to no avail so also replaced the plugs and coil pack still this made no difference, On further inspection I have found a small hole in the inlet manifold along with the piece that had come out, i've done a temporary fix by glueing the piece back in place this has helped but my problem is I cannot find out what the part name is, I know it is to do with the inlet manifold but it is a plastic looking box does anyone have any idea what it is called so i don't sound like a right idiot when I call Merc on Monday (although I know I already do sound like an idiot and am quite embarrased by the fact I should know but don't) And if this does not solve the whole problem have we anymore ideas I have tried to read the car but no codes are found. Thank you.

Top Bottom