Help with W204 entertainment system upgrade idea

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class W204 2008 2 litre
Hi,

I want to upgrade the entertainment system in my W204, but I know very little about car stereos, etc. I want to be able to play Spotify through the cars speakers, or anything else on my phone, e.g. Audible. What is the best, i.e. cheapest and easiest, way to do this? I have tried those FM transmitters and while not the worst, I can't deal with them as a long term solution.

I see a lot of stuff on Ebay - made in and sold from China - which looks interesting, e.g. they have a touchscreen and you can essentially mirror your phone on it - I believe they are commonly know as Android screens. If anyone has advice about those items, it would be great to read it. I'd post a link, but I suspect we're not allowed to! If I can post a link, let me know and I will post a link so you know what I am talking about. I heard bad reports about them, but they seem to be popular and maybe someone can recommend a good supplier, etc. Below is an image showing the kind of thing I am referring to:

I am in the UK, by the way.
Hf83734ee245a4e76b4bf31a3eef09e185.png

Kind regards,

L.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
You can post links on here no problem

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Thanks, richlumb. I have to ask, what is a Becker port? I did a quick Google search and nothing of relevance came up.
It’s the sat nav module on some models should be in your glove box , not 100% sure but think it’s non comand stereo units. Shows you on that eBay link

Last edited:
OP
MBnewbie123

MBnewbie123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class W204 2008 2 litre
It’s the sat nav module on some models should be in your glove box , not 100% sure but think it’s non comand stereo units. Shows you on that eBay link
I now see on the eBay page what you were referring to. I am nearly certain my W204 does not have that, but I will check and see if it has that, and if that can lead to a solution. Thanks.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Probably looking for something more like this

Or the big one

Last edited:

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I've fitted plenty of the Chinese to other MB's, but nor to a 204.
If the 8 core, 6gig ram is correct for yours it'll do well as the spec is good.

Better to buy from a UK supplier. Returns are easier and no chance of import duties.
The install is 'usually' straight forward and you can add to the unit as desired for such as dash cam, reverse cam and even DAB if required.
The internal mic's are generally poor, so siting a n external mic above you is advantageous.
The GPD antenna wants a good view of the sky, through plastic and windscreen isn't an issue. If you have a sharks fin on the roof that can be adapted to the unit easily.

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Maybe this will help? you need to identify which audio system you have currently installed in order to upgrade successfully, what about your documentation isn't there an Audio 10/15 manual? there was also a Harman Kardon option available at that time you should also look out for?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good fitting video here

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Also needs to know if he’s got the facelift w204 as the newer model don’t have the concealed screen

NewbietoMB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi 2010 w204
Hi I have a w204 c250cdi 2010 . My entertainment system is pretty boring doesn’t have navi and can’t play audio only telephone through Bluetooth.

1) can i install the same system ( screen ) from the facelifts models to this model ?

2) what Alfie posted is that an option?

I’m not too keen on the android screens people put in I prefer to keep the car original as possible

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom