Hi! MB enthusiast that needs help

Sol Owen Figues

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Elegance 1996
Hi I am Owen from Cebu Philippines

I have Mercedes Benz 1996 Elegance and i was not able to use it for 4-5 months due to faulty battery. I replaced it yesterday but it will not start.

Any advise??

OP
S

Sol Owen Figues

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Elegance 1996
I haven't tried that. Which fuse should i lool for?

OP
S

Sol Owen Figues

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Elegance 1996
Just take a visual look at all of them, if not use a multimeter and set it up for continuity, then check across each fuse.

Make sure the ignition is off as you are performing a dead test.
Thank you :) will try it now

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
Flat battery in the key , resulting in the immobiliser not disengaging?
Does engine even turn over? If you put headlights on when trying to start and they dim slighly and you hear a sort of 'click' from the engine it could be that your starter motor has siezed and needs a soft whack with a hammer and bar.

OP
S

Sol Owen Figues

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Elegance 1996
Thanj
Does engine even turn over? If you put headlights on when trying to start and they dim slighly and you hear a sort of 'click' from the engine it could be that your starter motor has siezed and needs a soft whack with a hammer and bar.

Thank you will try that

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The immobiliser doesn’t require a working battery in the key. There is an induction loop which reads the unpowered chip in the key.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
First question is which key do you have - there are several possible versions.
A picture would be useful.

OP
S

Sol Owen Figues

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Elegance 1996
Does the key release the steering lock?
Do all the normal dash lights come on when you turn the key?
Yes they are. The lights are normal and the steering wheel. But, the rear view mirror lights are blinking alternately. The engine will crank but will not start. Fuses are all good also. There is no fuel going in the supply.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
the rear view mirror lights are blinking alternately. The engine will crank but will not start.

that sounds like its telling you something

I would guess - either somethings wet and its having a moment or its a signal informing you the immobilisers is playing up - is that last bit in the manual ?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom