Hi my mercades 2008 c class won’t start just does nothing when the key is in but I think the battery

Jr081544

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 1.9 petrol 2008
Hi my Mercedes 2008 c class won’t start no power but battery is fine any ideas what it could be please

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Does it suck the key in ?

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Steering lock failure very common. If you have manually adjusted steering column loosen the lock handle, slam the column in and out a couple of times and try again.

OP
J

Jr081544

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 1.9 petrol 2008
Steering lock failure very common. If you have manually adjusted steering column loosen the lock handle, slam the column in and out a couple of times and try again.
Thanks I adjusted the steering wheel then it started thank you

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Is that for Mercs in general or just C Class? :confused:

And I'm impressed at the diagnosis & the temp fix :):)

in my experience most common on w204, w207 and w212. There may well be others, but I’ve personally only seen the fault on these

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom