Hill Assist and Rear Seat Belt Warning

cnbsknt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e220 2018
Hello,
I've got a 2018 e220. I have two questions.

I am not sure if my car has a Hill Assist. I read that hitting the break harder would activate it. But it didn't work. How can I know if it has Hill Assist?

I've fitted the rear seat with a child seat using ISOFIX. But, every time I start the car, I receive a seat-belt alert warning thing for the rear seat. How can I fix it? I thought the car had a child-seat recognition.

Thanks.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

You brake as normal and once stopped press the pedal further down and “Hold” should come on. My 2016 E220 has it so your 2018 should

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Good morning,

Is your child’s seat an MB one. Not sure if the recognition system requires a transponder in the rear seats now, it does in the front.

Hill assist just happens, if you are on an incline it just holds and lets you pull away. The hold function will show on the screen if operated, hill assist doesn’t. That is how our V class works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
C

cnbsknt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e220 2018
Thanks for replies.

yes, I tried pishing the break pedal further. Hold didn’t come out.

my child seat is not MB. But it is annoying to see the seat belt sign every single time. Especially when the seat belt is buckled on the rear seat.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks for replies.

yes, I tried pishing the break pedal further. Hold didn’t come out.

my child seat is not MB. But it is annoying to see the seat belt sign every single time. Especially when the seat belt is buckled on the rear seat.
Autohold will definitely be there, as said its a firm push , I think on my 212 you could press the button to disable , not sure on the 213.
For the seat sensors the MB Child seats have AKSE transponders, search Ebay, sometimes they have them which have been removed from scrapped seats which you can stick on yours

OP
C

cnbsknt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e220 2018
Okay, I'll try to hit the break pedal harder.

For the child seat, my concern is that the seat belt is buckled because the seat uses them. I don't know why I still get the warning sign. When the child seat is removed, there is no warning sign. As I said, the child seat uses both isofix and seatbelt, and as such the seat belt is fastened.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

For the child seat, my concern is that the seat belt is buckled because the seat uses them. I don't know why I still get the warning sign. When the child seat is removed, there is no warning sign. As I said, the child seat uses both isofix and seatbelt, and as such the seat belt is fastened.
You don’t need to hit the pedal harder you just need to push it down when you’ve come to a stop. It takes awhile to get used to the method, once you do it becomes automatic

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Not necessarily "harder" but a reasonable firm second push once you have come to a standstill. When I got my first Merc ten years ago, it took me a few attempts to get the right technique but it soon comes naturally.

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
It's basically a "jab" with your foot once stopped to activate the Hold feature.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom