Hopefully I got 2 defective MB batteries on the trot! I say hopefully ...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Are your wheels oe, as all Oe wheels we come across fit tight on the spigot of the hub.

They are a perfect fit, I always kept a wire brush close to make sure all mounting faces were clean

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
You have been to MBS as well Sub, Cole gives the car a real once over picking up every minor fault and checking every suspension component as well. He even dropped the rear exhaust boxes to secure both heat shields with a bigger washer. Attention to detail is a priority, which is one of the reasons I use them.
I think every car gets this service there, not just AMG's.

Absolutely
When I said AMGs get the special once over, I meant shen they are initially built by Mercedes/ AMG in Germany.

Yes MBS are great like that, having just the Diff oil changed Colin spotted, the ABC level sensor arms were almost siezed at the back and slightly stiff at the front.
Had he not spotted them, I assume when they truly sieze they snap off the the actual level sensors ... not cheap !!
Very grateful for him spotting them and lubricating them.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Are your wheels oe, as all Oe wheels we come across fit tight on the spigot of the hub.

yes everything OE merc as it left the factory....

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
yes everything OE merc as it left the factory....
Sounds like something is amiss, the wheel should sit on snugly on the hub with no movement, otherwise the wheel would rotate elliptically.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Sounds like something is amiss, the wheel should sit on snugly on the hub with no movement, otherwise the wheel would rotate elliptically.

Caravan wheels don't have spigot to fit onto ;)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Didn’t they have hubs with studs and tapered nuts to centre wheel?
They did but no spigot. MB wheels have a ball which should equally centre the wheel.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500

thanks for thoughts.

yes its not good I had 4 spare bolts (from locking nuts) all now gone !!! where dodgy garages don't know what they are doing. Last time I said leave it..... and drove home on 4, took a 14mm tap to tidy the hub and almost snapped as it wouldn't go in, got a torch and clearly something in the way.... magically when jacked up and loosened all the others tap goes straight in no issues.

The stock wheels rattle about on the hub like nothing I've seen before, must be at least 3 mm of slop

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
thanks for thoughts.

yes its not good I had 4 spare bolts (from locking nuts) all now gone !!! where dodgy garages don't know what they are doing. Last time I said leave it..... and drove home on 4, took a 14mm tap to tidy the hub and almost snapped as it wouldn't go in, got a torch and clearly something in the way.... magically when jacked up and loosened all the others tap goes straight in no issues.

The stock wheels rattle about on the hub like nothing I've seen before, must be at least 3 mm of slop

Definitely not right, see this with after market wheels which has the centering ring missing.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom