horse

H

horserider1

Hi everyone,this is my first time here and I would like to ask a question.
I recently bought a CLK 230 Convertible/2001. My problem is the roof.Two day's ago the roof would not go up and I had to raise it manually but now I have noticed the rear off the roof is only semi-closed and I can not open the boot due to the keys don't open the boot and I have called auto locksmiths with no joy.
If you can suggest anything I would be very greatful.
Cheers and happy driving

Last edited by a moderator:

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 Bluefficency 2012
Ah ... its a shame that you posted with such an odd title.
I was expecting it to be about towing horse boxes or something.

May I suggest that you repost with a title like "CLK convertible roof problems."

There is obviously an issue with motor's and/or micro-switches on your roof.

As far as I am aware the boot wont open unless the roof is fully stowed or fully extended and at the moment it is neither.

Although I've not checked I expect that there are a couple of threads covering similar issues, until someone with more knowledge than I responds, perhaps you could have a look at them.

In the meantime welcome to the forum.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom