Hybrid Charging Issue!

chr15W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 estate
Hi My c350e is not charging. I have 2x 13amp mains chargers and have as yet not had a problem but for the past two days the car will not charge. I have tried both chargers and they appear to be working correctly. The connector locks as it should but no charge lights come on. I have a warranty but wondered if Im doing something wrong before contacting them

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Have you charged it before and all been well.
Is there any trouble shooting in the manual.

OP
C

chr15W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 estate
Had it for 10 months with a daily charge and no previous issues. I use an independent charger not MB but I have also tried the MB charger which shows no lights. When i use my usual charger it lights up as usual for about 1 second then stops. I'll try a public charger today to see if that makes a difference!

OP
C

chr15W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 estate
Plus nothing in the manual other than to seek professional advice!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Is your car still under warranty. If so a trip to the dealer is in order I say.

SmokeyUK

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350E
Mines the same. The charging cable box is screwed to the wall and the cable is kept off the ground. When I plug it into the car the lights are on on the cable box but they don't flash as they normally do when charging. When I use my other cable for public chargers they won't connect via the apps. The last test to do is a tesla charger that has its own cable. Car is just over 3cyears old and out of warranty so I'm not looking forward to the trip to MB. However I have a service plan and my next service is due in June, so I might have to wait it out.
I have heard that there is an issue with water getting in via the charging port and frying the electronics and that MB are aware and that there's a recall/fix. But I cant find proof of this.

OP
C

chr15W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 estate
The problem has now been resolved! The MB charger is faulty AND by coinsidence was the 3rd party unit I was using. It also happens that my wall socket developed a fault, whether the socket caused the charger issues or the other way round is unknown but the 3rd party charger company replaced the unit straight away and no problems since

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom