I don't care how souped up it is.. £150k for a 8 year old E Class!?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Electric cars were around in the early 1900s....

They were indeed, in fact the first crude electric vehicle was built in 1832. :)

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
I am interested in using an electric car for running around, but I do intend to enjoy the GT3 while I can!

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Im not an actual fan of electric cars as a whole, but love performance as do you lot with your "sports cars" .
Its certainly true what is said online about a certain older generation and being stuck in their ways and not open minded enough to accept change
A car that is super quite and luxurious (s class), crazy fast acceleration (amg) , you get that with a model S, but its also cheap to run, cheap to tax,mot,insure and service. does not pollute the planet and is quicker off the mark than virtually anything else.
At over 400k miles a tesla taxi still has a great looking interior, its one of the most reliable brands in surveys with a good build quality. the highest mileage I can find has done over 600,000 miles and still going strong, show me a seriously fast ice car that has done that mileage.
Why do you buy a car with a powerfull engine? It seems you just cant accept your very expensive to run gas guzzling noise polluter is getting totally owned by a "fugly jelly mould" that can carry 7 people and still blow you away with its superior performance :)
A few more years and im pretty sure they will be outcornering you too !
Its a shame many slate teslas yet have never experienced their acceleration. but thousands have, you tube is full of it.
Just look at peoples faces and it full of smiles, laughing and sheer joy and they all want to do it again and again.
Now look at peoples faces in a ice car that isn't even as quick and its terror as the car scrambles all over the road trying to get traction while trying to destroy your ear drums.
Whats not to like getting to 62 in well under 3 secs? pretty sure most of you never have , and probably never will.
Im actually a little shocked by how narrow minded some of you actually are and choose to slate a vehicle that is so much quicker than most hypercars. I thought you enjoyed your performance, but maybe held back by brand snobbery ?
Im certainly fighting a losing battle here with some of you as the only reason im championing the tesla is because its so damn quick ! Maybe its too quick for you, that's why you hate them ?
Im off out now to pollute the planet a little more and get my moneys worth of road fund license :shock:

PS. this has gone way off topic? lol ;)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
^ The thing is, you are preaching to petrol heads, not EV enthusiasts. I'm sure we all appreciate how good, how quick and silent these cars are, but we don't care.
You need a different audience. Maybe a Tesla forum?;)

Couldn't agree more with you :D

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
As I mentioned in a previous post, my enjoyment of our cars is about far more than just standing start acceleration. The tactility, the feedback, the noise, the cornering - and yes, the acceleration - all add up. To be honest, I get a buzz out of driving the Porsches, especially the GT3, even at 50mph on a country road. And I can embrace electric cars in due course.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
VBH said the Model X was the same 0-60 as a basic Cayman - that’s not super car fast unless There’s another 7 seater in the Tesla Range

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
VBH Sao the Model X was the same 0-60 as a basic Cayman - that’s not super car fast unless There’s another 7 seater in the Tesla Range
The Model S can be specced with two rear-facing child seats.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
You need a different audience. Maybe a Tesla forum?;)
Nah as they already know their cars are so much quicker than a large engine performance car .:p

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
As I mentioned in a previous post, my enjoyment of our cars is about far more than just standing start acceleration. The tactility, the feedback, the noise, the cornering - and yes, the acceleration - all add up. To be honest, I get a buzz out of driving the Porsches, especially the GT3, even at 50mph on a country road. And I can embrace electric cars in due course.

Mate's got a 911, an expensive late model Landy and a D plate Morgan he bought new.

Guess which one he likes driving the most.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Nah as they already know their cars are so much quicker than a large engine performance car .:p
Time to pack in the trolling Rappey. You made your point a few posts ago now you are just trying to start the argument all over again. It's getting tiresome.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Time to pack in the trolling Rappey. You made your point a few posts ago now you are just trying to start the argument all over again. It's getting tiresome.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Agreed. Bored of the conversation now.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Mate's got a 911, an expensive late model Landy and a D plate Morgan he bought new.

Guess which one he likes driving the most.
I've always considered Morgan owners to be a breed apart! o_O

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
I've always considered Morgan owners to be a breed apart! o_O

The moggy is the only one he has kept in a heated garage from new.

On a B road it's way more fun than the 911 which just seems like it's going to kill you.

He uses the landy to tow his caravan around Europe so, yeah, he's a bit odd but in a good way.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
The moggy is the only one he has kept in a heated garage from new.

On a B road it's way more fun than the 911 which just seems like it's going to kill you.

He uses the landy to tow his caravan around Europe so, yeah, he's a bit odd but in a good way.
Over 23K miles in our two 911s - never once felt that the car was going to kill me. The driver might have...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Over 23K miles in our two 911s - never once felt that the car was going to kill me. The driver might have...
Likewise, my 997 was very very “planted” across the A66 in winter with 295 tyres on the back, no issues at all. Turn the stability off and stamp on the loud pedal and a slightly different story...

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is tyres that were/are the issue. N rated always for me

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Likewise, my 997 was very very “planted” across the A66 in winter with 295 tyres on the back, no issues at all. Turn the stability off and stamp on the loud pedal and a slightly different story...

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is tyres that were/are the issue. N rated always for me
We were very careful when driving the GT3 in the pouring rain in the Black Forest and in some slushy snow in the Austrian Tyrol during our trip in September, in deference to the Cup2 tyres. Other than that, we enjoyed every minute and felt secure the whole time. Previous similar trips in the Turbo were just as confidence inspiring.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
you are just trying to start the argument all over again.

I had said my last in post 90 but then you posted suggesting im trying to start an arguement?
Maybe you feel the need to get the last word in, in which case knock yourself out as again I have nothing else to add.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom