I just found this car for sale... Sounds suspicious???

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
He says....

advert said:
I have no idea what its worth so make me a sensible offer.,

The £95 price is to get in onto page 1.

dozypillock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Elegance 2002 C209

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Gotta be worth a few hundred quid at least even to a MB breaker...

epervier

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 coupe 1996 Sl500 1998
For that price I may buy it and take the boot and front bumpers off and put them on my current S280. I could also put some of the engine components from this one into mine???

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...sed,nearlynew,new/page/2/radius/100?logcode=p

I'd of thought the other way round, yours if memory serves, has a punched in bootlid and other damage, engine doesn't run properly, buy this one and rob anything worthwhile from your old car, at least this one runs and has a mot for a year.KISS

Last edited:

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
If you did manage to get it for a good price, and given the advert is correct it works and has a year´s mot and it looks presentable, why on earth would you start swapping bits off it onto another one that doesn´t work (and has a long term history of not working!).

Go and see it and offer him something like 4 or 5 hundred if it works and you might get lucky. then you can keep the non working one as a spares car for this!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not easy, some folk used to think that if an article was in a shop window and priced incorrectly that they had right to buy it for that price, that is not the case and the seller only has to say " I do not wish to sell that today" and remove the offending price ticket.

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
If you did manage to get it for a good price, and given the advert is correct it works and has a year´s mot and it looks presentable, why on earth would you start swapping bits off it onto another one that doesn´t work (and has a long term history of not working!).

Go and see it and offer him something like 4 or 5 hundred if it works and you might get lucky. then you can keep the non working one as a spares car for this!

Sounds like a good idea! I may just do that. However he will get £95 and not a penny more as that is what he has advertised the car at :p

epervier

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 coupe 1996 Sl500 1998
FFS, two short planks come to mind, it's like pulling teeth sometimes on here:(

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
An advert for "ANY" item is classed as an "invitation to treat" therefore the seller is not making an offer they are simply inviting offers.

E.g. A supermarket is selling a BBQ for £100 and some Pratt takes off the 0 so it reads as £10. The purchaser is making the offer and it can be refused by the seller should they wish.

So it looks like the seller is well within their rights to put it up for £100. Go ahead and offer £95 it makes no difference, they have to decide to accept it or refuse to sell it ;)

Last edited:

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....

+1

deejaybee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now - W210 E320cdi
Forget the W140!

Callum, by your own admission you have very little money to spend on a car and by your previous posts it sems unlikely that you have the skills, tools etc to keep one of these on the road without having to pay others to work on the car.

Even if your car or the one being advertised was in good running order it would be about the last thing in the world (other than an old Bently or Roller!) that anyone would recommend to someone who needs cheap motoring. They may have been the best that mercedes produced at the time, but they will never be any good for someone on a budget:confused:.

If I were you I would be looking for a basic small Japanese car like Honda, Toyota or Suzuki. Even then you need to have your wits about you when buying under £1000 to be sure that you are not being landed with someone elses problem!

Abb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
'There is nothing more expensive to buy, then a cheap Mercedes Benz', I was once told by someone much wiser then myself! ;)

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom