I think I've broken it......Help

Doug2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Convertible
Hi All,
I have recently purchased a CLK 320 convertible (1999 model), one owner, low K’s, bright red, so yes it’s your typical mid life crisis car.
At the weekend I was giving it a good polish, and raised the bow to allow me to polish the cover at the back….. it now looks fantastic, but the bow slowly dropped back to an almost closed position, and now the roof switch will do nothing, when I use the handle at the front, the windows still drop, and the switch lights up, but if I try to operate it, I just get a slow flash on the switch and nothing moves.
Also the boot will not open (switch or key)
Is it just a case of putting enough weight on the bow to lock it down into position?
Please help we have some good weather coming up.
Doug

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This is a hard one,,is the bow cover sitting square at both sides , will it lift again, rather than by pushing down,,what position should it be in with the roof where it is, the bow does have interlock switches fitted

OP
D

Doug2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Convertible
Hi Malcome
Yes its all sitting square, but the bow will not raise

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent you 2 sets of instructions

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
I haven’t a clue about convertibles and don’t quite understand the problem but I’ll suggest the following in the event Doug can gain access to the bolts in the boot.

This arrangement of the lock would be common on most cars and is likely to be present in this situation. If both bolts can accessed then the can be removed so the boot can be opened with the “latch” still attached to the lock.
However I don’t know if getting into the boot will assist with the problem or not.

Dec

BootLock.jpg

InsideBoot.jpg

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm,
I have not seen anything come through, any chance you could send the instructions to my hotmail account. doug.cox2010@hotmail.com
Many thanks
Doug

Do have a look in your junk mail box, as it could have ended up there, it has not bounced back

OP
D

Doug2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Convertible
Hi Malcolm,
Got the doc's now thanks, you were correct about the junk mail file.
I will have a play with the old girl this weekend.
Thanks very much for your help.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm,
Got the doc's now thanks, you were correct about the junk mail file.
I will have a play with the old girl this weekend.
Thanks very much for your help.

I think that there is enough info to sort out your fault

OP
D

Doug2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Convertible
Malcolm,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

time spent
10 mins reading the doc's
3 mins in the car

all fixed.

If you would care to let me know your favorite tipple and your address in an email, I will gladly arrange a delivery.

once again
Many thanks
Doug

splitshift

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 200 kompresser convertable, 2001 Citroen c2 Audi A3, jaguar xj6 and big scanias !
Help !! Ok , 2001 clk convertible, been sitting a bit , couple months, doing nowt, battery went flat, totally, radio needs recoded, ok, got bonnet opened and reenergised car, boot opened via dash switch, jumpstart, all ok, let settle, front windows down and up, ok, rear down and up , ok. Unmatched roof at windscreen Windows dropped, ok,lift roof button and away it goes, UNTIL, rear flap opens,screen section lifts and then nothing. Won't go up or down.brain drain moment, manually moved roof so that I could close flap and insert roof catch in flap. Roof is not sealed and can move approx 10 /20 MM. up and down. My special spanner, is in boot, which won't open via dash or remote, key inserted but this has never worked. How do I at least get into the boot to see if the tray blind thing has come off etc ?
Love my car but aggggr!
Cheers Scott

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is probably a switch not working through standing, I have the roof sequence papers that could be a help

You should keep spraying WD40 into the boot lock, holding something that vibrates on the key to shake the tumblers down.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom