Importing phonebook via bluetooth on 09 C220 Sport CDI

tatters

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Sport
Sorry if this question has been asked (and answered) before but I couldn't see any previous posts.

I've just bought an 09 reg C220 sport CDI auto which has the Audio 20 radio/bluetooth telephone system.

I have managed to pair two phones with it (an iPhone 5 and an HTC One - android smart phone). What I can't seem to do (and the dealership did warn me) is import either of the phones telephone books to the car. Is there a known fix for this problem e.g. a software update?

Also, I assumed that I would still be able to manually store frequently used phone numbers into the car system by creating a phone list. I can't seem to fathom out how to do this despite studying the manual. Is this possible? If so can someone give me some idiot proof guidance on how to enter and store the numbers?

Thanks.

PS Really enjoying the car otherwise!!

Picpan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 C Class 200 CDI Blue Efficiency
The only way I did it was by using one of my older phones (Sony Ericson), transferring all the numbers that I required onto that from my iphone, then sending them by business card to my car. Then when my iphone 4s rings, the callers name appears on the screen.
Hope this helps. It took me weeks to figure it out.

Stimo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/2009/2.1
The only way I did it was by using one of my older phones (Sony Ericson), transferring all the numbers that I required onto that from my iphone, then sending them by business card to my car. Then when my iphone 4s rings, the callers name appears on the screen.

Hi!

So you transferred the contacts to an old handset and uploaded them that way? Seems an odd fix?

Thanks

Joe

Mars2020

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CDI 220 Diesel Estate 2008
I have a Iphone 5S and been trying for ages to transfer contacts especially as I can't input them individually in the car. It is such a pain as I can't see who is calling or pick a number from a list.

The only options I have come up with is transfer a vcf file containing all your contacts to a Mac book, pair your Mac book with the car via bluetooth, then transfer the vcf file to the car. This apparantly worked for a lot of people but not me. I could pair the devices and even send the file per the Mac book but it never turned up in the command centre in the car.

The other option which I have not tried yet is to pair an android with the car with your contacts on and send via bluetooth that way.

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
The dealer uploaded my entire phone book from my then iPhone 3GS. I then have uploaded from my other phone ( work) which was an android thingy, however now it's a windows one, and it won't upload individual numbers (seens to be confirmed by the link above) and is really annoying as half of my team have now changed and I need to check my phone to see who is calling which defeats the purpose (and I don't want to even try and upload the whole directory again )

WEC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2008 CDi

Similar thing for me; I have an old Nokia phone, stored my numbers onto it and (if I remember correctly) bulk transferred them via Bluetooth.

pitch1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Morris 1800S, Volvo 740, Triumph 2000/2500PI
had this problem with my CLK, its a question of compatability

The MB dealer can provide you with a list of compatible phones for your vehicle.

As I understand it you will not be able to match a newer phone with an older car.

Check with MB is my recommendation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck!

Pitsmoor Col

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014. W205, C Class C220. Diesel Blutec Automatic Saloon.
Sorry if this question has been asked (and answered) before but I couldn't see any previous posts.

I've just bought an 09 reg C220 sport CDI auto which has the Audio 20 radio/bluetooth telephone system.

I have managed to pair two phones with it (an iPhone 5 and an HTC One - android smart phone). What I can't seem to do (and the dealership did warn me) is import either of the phones telephone books to the car. Is there a known fix for this problem e.g. a software update?

Also, I assumed that I would still be able to manually store frequently used phone numbers into the car system by creating a phone list. I can't seem to fathom out how to do this despite studying the manual. Is this possible? If so can someone give me some idiot proof guidance on how to enter and store the numbers?

Thanks.

PS Really enjoying the car otherwise!!

I have the same model 09 C class c220 cdi sport auto. And had the same trouble importing addresses from Samsung S3 mini. via bluetooth. My youngest solved the problem for me. I will write it down and post tommorow.

Last edited:

Pitsmoor Col

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014. W205, C Class C220. Diesel Blutec Automatic Saloon.
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on in comand and phone, go to Tel in comand-Telephone, select recieve business cards, you should see "ready to recieve" on the comand screen. On your phone, select a contact, then the to do menu, select share namecard via, you should have several options one of wich will be bluetooth, select bluetooth, then in the paired devices list you should see MB Bluetooth, select MB Bluetooth from the list then that should send the contact to the comand. On the comand screen you will see confirmation the it has been recieved. I had to do this with every contact individualy, I could not find a way to send them all at once, but still better than typing them all out, your phone may differ. Hope this helps. :D

Last edited:

mickmck

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220
hi , just done mine on a galaxy s5 , took me 3 weeks to work it out lol ,, go to your files on your phone and send them via Bluetooth from there

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I have a wileyfox swift with cyanogenos, a form of android. I shared my contacts from it to the comand unit via bluetooth. Set the comand to receive files.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom