Independant garages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim57

Reaction score
If you have your car serviced by an independant Mercedes garage would it affect the resale value by much or at all. I am intending to keep my E240 for a few years (6 hopefully) as it has been adapted for my use as a wheelchair user. Could someone recommend an independant garage in North London (I live in Enfield) or even a Mercedes garage that gives a good honest job for the money.
Thanks
Jim

GregE240

Reaction score
Agree with Jay; protect your warranty, then its fair game, the boot's on your foot.

Bit of personal experiece here: I had a problem with my E240 on Saturday afternoon, so I phoned Andy Gayle on his mobile (thanks Andy) who told me a couple of things to check, if it persisted then bring it in first thing Monday he said and we'll have a look at it.

Thankfully the car has sorted itself out (no idea what it was) so phoned Andy this morning and said I'd keep an eye on it.

I don't think you'd get that sort of customer service from a main dealer. Not in my experience anyway.

For the indies, customer service is their lifeline, they don't have a massive faceless corporation to back them up so you will almost invariably get far better service.

Top marks to Mr Gayle. I hear good things about George's business too, so you should be in safe hands.

All the best,

Greg

jaymanek

Reaction score
Website
www.mercland.com
Yes Andy is a top man and is a great contributor to this forum. If you were in the midlands id say go visit andy, but as your in london, george is closer.

As with any garage, there have been the odd negatives about both garages (incuding my own experiences with george) but i still reckon these are the best in the UK in terms of independant from what ive heard and experienced.

Cheers

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom