Indicator problem on W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 3199
Hi to all.

Had a flat battery yesterday, jumped it with spare and no problem but indicator and foot break lights do not come on on the cluster. All other lights seem to be operating ok. Any ideas please.
Barrie.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Ecu might have been compromised with the jump, MB’s are sensitive little souls ...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 3199
Ecu might have been compromised with the jump, MB’s are sensitive little souls ...
Hi John,
Many thanks for your advice, any idea on how I might find this out and will there be other faults. Any body in the MB membership that can sort it or how I might sort it, if possible.
Best regards
Barrie.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi John,
Many thanks for your advice, any idea on how I might find this out and will there be other faults. Any body in the MB membership that can sort it or how I might sort it, if possible.
Best regards
Barrie.
Where you based ?There are some wonderful MB independent garages dotted around are part of our forum, and some sponsor so give excellent service and advice

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Do the indicators stil work despite the dash lights not illuminating?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 3199
Where you based ?There are some wonderful MB independent garages dotted around are part of our forum, and some sponsor so give excellent service and advice
Hi John
Based in Highcliffe / Christchurch Dorset.
Thanks again.
Barrie

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
You could try Kartechnic , maybe some others on here have personal experience ...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 3199
Thanks John.
Is it usual for the ECU to be corrupted when battery dead and then recharged even when all other lights are ok except the foot brake and indicator ? Would a Star diagnostics reveal this ?
Barrie

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom