Indicators swap from right to left

blayney

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a c180 Komp 03 reg and since saturday the indicators have gone a bit mad, indicating left isn't a problem you pull the stick down and it indicates left however when you indicate right by pulling the stalk up the car makes the decision which way it wants to indicate it may start indicating right then just swap to indicating left or may just start indicating left when the stalk is raised it can get quite dangerous and embarrasing when trying to turn right on a roundabout, it doesn't happen all the time but is quite frequent

Would appreciate anyones help or advice.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello all,

I have a c180 Komp 03 reg and since saturday the indicators have gone a bit mad, indicating left isn't a problem you pull the stick down and it indicates left however when you indicate right by pulling the stalk up the car makes the decision which way it wants to indicate it may start indicating right then just swap to indicating left or may just start indicating left when the stalk is raised it can get quite dangerous and embarrasing when trying to turn right on a roundabout, it doesn't happen all the time but is quite frequent

Would appreciate anyones help or advice.

This could be the stalk or the flasher, set the indicators to the faulty side and lightly tap the flasher to see if you can make it do it

OP
B

blayney

Reaction score
thanks for such a quick responce I'll check that tonight, do you know where this is located, is it near the fuses in the dash ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
thanks for such a quick responce I'll check that tonight, do you know where this is located, is it near the fuses in the dash ?

The links web site is running to slow this morning post up your first 6 Vin numbers please WDB203---

OP
B

blayney

Reaction score
vin details

Sorry had to wait til I got home to check the VIN the first digits are WDC2030
I tried to find the flasher but couldn't :(
Cheers

Boycie

Reaction score
has anyone a wiring diagram I could take a peek at?

I don't know much about car electrics but I'm OK with bike electrics ... I want to check if the way it operates is the same ...

the reason being (from a bike POV) typically you get a flasher unit with a 12v supply a ground and an output ...
the output goes to the direction control switch which diverts the "pulsing" to either the left or the right ...
you are effectively grounding the flasher output through the lamps which is what triggers it to flash (and isn't clicking all the time)

if it works the same then your switch is faulty...
if not I'll shut up :)
(FWIW I would think it is the switch anyway)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom