Information Needed

Nimrod205

New Registration
Reaction score
This is my first post so please treat me gently.

For the last six months (or so) I have been driving an A.150 Avant-garde SE Blue Efficiency ('59 Reg) on a leasing contract.

As part of the lease arrangement, I had to pay a £500 deposit which would be refundable if the vehicle was returned in good condition and subject to fair wear and tear.

Upon return, the vehicle underwent a full multi-point check at MB World Brooklands. The outcome of this check was that they charged me £90 to "reconnect" the alarm system.

Now, I have absolutely no technical knowledge of the A Class electrical system and the only time I have been under the bonnet has been to check the coolant, oil and hydraulic fluid levels.

The vehicle was also fitted with a tracking device prior to my taking delivery.

I cannot imagine that disconnecting the alarm system would be a simple affair otherwise any car thief would find it easy - would they not? How easy would it be for me to disable the alarm without any technical knowledge/wiring diagrams etc. ?

So, my question is - Is it possible that when the tracking device was fitted the alarm was temporarily disconnected and that the engineer omitted to reconnect it?

Any information/views/opinions gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom