Inspiration for Prospective W211 Pre Facelift buyers

GeoffWestWales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 cdi Estate (Called Helga)
A lot of people only tend to post when they have a problem so thought I would add a positive side to the forum of my life with my 05 S211 E27.

I will try not to send you to sleep :D. I had always wanted an E Class Estate and like to buy older cars as I can look after them myself, in my price range was the pre facelift cars with the scary SBC Braking, after doing lots of research and finding a place that refurbs them (ecu-repair.co.uk) for not a lot of cash I took the plunge, picked up our Helga as she is affectionally called a 2005 E270 Estate in slate grey with 157K up her bits, I had plenty of time to make friends on the drive from Sheffield to Aberdeenshire and what a motor, since July when I got her she is already on 160k last week we did a road trip house hunting from Aberdeenshire to South Wales (600 miles) got out fresh as a daisy and averaged 45 mpg, then we toured up to West Wales overnighted in North Wales then back up to Aberdeenshire again she purred away and just swallowed the miles.

So I suppose the inspiration for my post is to new prospective owners of the pre facelift, they really are a cracking car and what you get for the price you pay would be very hard to beat, so be brave put the big boy/girl pants on and dont be affraid if buying on a budget you will not regret it.

I'm so glad I came back to the Mercedes fold after a few years of Volvo's but all my next cars will defo be E Class Estates, amazing motors and stand the test of time like us on the inside understand.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
What a lovely inspirational post.

OP
GeoffWestWales

GeoffWestWales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What a lovely inspirational post.

Thanks for the kind words Craiglxviii I know whats its like, you read the forums and get the false impression about the car in question no matter what make it is so you can overlook what is a brilliant choice, we can't keep how good Mercedes are to ourselves :D:D:D

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I had 2 W211, a 220 and a 270. The E270 in avantgarde trim was a superb car, had it for 8 years with stellar miles and no issues. The 5 cylinder diseasel was a lovely lump of an engine.

Pleased you are enjoying your wagon.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Nice post! I hope to make a similar one 10 months away when I've had my CLS shooting brake for 12 months.
So far so good apart from a couple of niggles that I wouldn't have expected when buying a MB dealer used car but that's not the cars fault.

OP
GeoffWestWales

GeoffWestWales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had 2 W211, a 220 and a 270. The E270 in avantgarde trim was a superb car, had it for 8 years with stellar miles and no issues. The 5 cylinder diseasel was a lovely lump of an engine.

Pleased you are enjoying your wagon.

Yes agree with you keefysher love the 270 lump and love being able to ferry around all kinds of crap plus ideal for my fishing gear, my stepson could not get over the size of the load space

OP
GeoffWestWales

GeoffWestWales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nice post! I hope to make a similar one 10 months away when I've had my CLS shooting brake for 12 months.
So far so good apart from a couple of niggles that I wouldn't have expected when buying a MB dealer used car but that's not the cars fault.

Think I would be of the same ipinion as your good self s5tuart think Mercedes would have gone through it with a fine toothcomb but hope its not spoiling your ownership experience, nice motor

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Yes agree with you keefysher love the 270 lump and love being able to ferry around all kinds of crap plus ideal for my fishing gear, my stepson could not get over the size of the load space
We moved from a 211 estate to an LWB R Class and I couldn’t get over how much more room yet there was..!

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The E estates are great cars I’m on my third and they become a part of life - with the right engine as Clarkson once said ‘every car you could ever want’. I’ve transported fridge freezers, desks, all kinds of white goods and the list goes on and on, the seven seater is a real hoot with the kids they loved it

Top Bottom