Insueance quotes

dave9val

Reaction score
I have now decied to buy the E320 Cdi estate I have been looking at. As for the insurance, what are some of you paying for a comprehensive protected NCB, spouse etc, car value £12000, would be nice to know.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Pleased that you bought it,,there are huge differences between companies, we had a big thread on this a few weeks back

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I have now decied to buy the E320 Cdi estate I have been looking at. As for the insurance, what are some of you paying for a comprehensive protected NCB, spouse etc, car value £12000, would be nice to know.

We are paying about £240 for ours with SAGA :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We are paying about £240 for ours with SAGA :D

Thats the stupid thing,,you are only a spring chicken, and me almost at the end of life, and Saga will not even quote me

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Mine's a CLK270 but with 9 years plus, fully protected ncb, spouse etc it cost me £300 with Kwik Fit which also gives a free MOT voucher.

I would hit a couple of the comparison sites (gocompare.com, moneysupermarket or meerkats!) as prices vary dramatically between insurers, depending on whether yours is the type of business they are after this year!

Out of interest I also went through a cashback (www.topcashback.co.uk) site to buy my insurance and got another £42 cashback (pending but confirmed) from KwikFit. Every little helps :D

Dave

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mine's a CLK270 but with 9 years plus, fully protected ncb, spouse etc it cost me £300 with Kwik Fit which also gives a free MOT voucher.

I would hit a couple of the comparison sites (gocompare.com, moneysupermarket or meerkats!) as prices vary dramatically between insurers, depending on whether yours is the type of business they are after this year!

Out of interest I also went through a cashback (www.topcashback.co.uk) site to buy my insurance and got another £42 cashback (pending but confirmed) from KwikFit. Every little helps :D

Dave

I went to Kwikfit to get my MOT the guy and the test rigs were very up to date and thougher. He did every thing by the book and he did not miss a thing,,and that pleased me

OP
D

dave9val

Reaction score
I have been quoted £420 by Saga and I have been with them for the last ten years. I thought then that this was a bit steep, and from some of the comments here, it seems I am right.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have been quoted £420 by Saga and I have been with them for the last ten years. I thought then that this was a bit steep, and from some of the comments here, it seems I am right.

Try kwikfit,,its all on line, or go to one of the compare sites

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde

Previous to this year, I had stayed with Esure for 5 years as they were within 10% or so of the cheapest quotes and included everything I needed but this year the quote jumped by £150 so I have moved on. In some ways I probably fell into their trap by being too lazy to change for 10%ish difference but for the hassle of changing it was worth it. No such thing as loyalty to big business as most have none to you (small independents excepted as they tend to appreciate loyalty).

As I said above, I think they set a criteria for the type of customer they are chasing this month/quarter/year and target them. Everyone else gets inflated quotes. I've always assumed that they try and balance their profit/risk across the spectrum of car/owners/accident likelihood but someone with a lot more knowledge of the industry than I have would need to confirm/deny that!

Dave

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I went to Kwikfit to get my MOT the guy and the test rigs were very up to date and thougher. He did every thing by the book and he did not miss a thing,,and that pleased me

That reflects my experience Malcolm. I have been a Kwikfit customer for 25 years and was impressed initially by the fact that the person who did the job always had the work checked independently and that supervision was visible and effective.

I have found them helpful and competitive on price.

mattsurf

Reaction score
With Privilage mine is £350 (37 year old with 2006 E320CDI estate) - My initial quote was much higher, however, I spent some time on comparison web sites and privilage (who I was with last year) matched the cheapest quote, taking £150 off the original quote. Privilage is part of RBS, so is direct line they clearly use the same software as the interface looks the same, only colours differ

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
Privilege and Tesco were miles better (cheaper) for me this year.

Marco Polo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 E220d SE 4Matic

£408 with SAGA on my E320CDI Estate for me and SWMBO as named drivers. Don't forget premiums will vary according to postcode. I'm in a semi-rural area in Cheshire - not high-risk, I would have thought, but my premium seems high, although it's only when you make a claim and have to go through the process that you find out whether paying more is worth it.

kayem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 270cdi
Hi to all.
Great forum and community.
E270 £315
ML350 £220
FC PNC
Swift Cover
Got to be some advantage of being old and living in the sticks.

Ken

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi to all.
Great forum and community.
E270 £315
ML350 £220
FC PNC
Swift Cover
Got to be some advantage of being old and living in the sticks.

Ken

Hello and welcome to the forum,,yes we are a happy bunch, well most of the time:D:D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom