Insurance & Mechanic..?

clivealive

Reaction score
I`m thinking of insuring a 190e for just a 6 six month period each year and wondered whether anyone could recommend an underwriter with such policies, preferably with favourable discounts for Merc owners.

Also, can anyone recommend a good independant Mercedes familiar mechanic in Berkshire...around the Crowthorne, Sandhurst, Bracknell area.

Thanks in advance for any helpful pointers.

LANDR0VER

Banned
Reaction score
clivealive said:
I`m thinking of insuring a 190e for just a 6 six month period each year and wondered whether anyone could recommend an underwriter with such policies, preferably with favourable discounts for Merc owners.

Also, can anyone recommend a good independant Mercedes familiar mechanic in Berkshire...around the Crowthorne, Sandhurst, Bracknell area.

Thanks in advance for any helpful pointers.

Try footman james,they do insurance for all types of cars.

AMGMAL

Reaction score
try Custom Service

ex merc tech working in hayes, middx

07956 44 56 44

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Which insurance?

I have just insured my MB through the MBOA. Look at 'Insurance' on the MBOA homepage. You will find 'Chris Knott Insurance' who must be a broker. They have just arranged insurance for me with Zurich. I also received a direct quote from Zurich for comparison.

Through Chris Knott I'm paying £310 this year, through Zurich I would pay £350 this year, both offer 12 months, fully comp', full no NCB. As a MBOA FULL member I get a discount. I live in a low risk area which and I'm over 50 which is advantageous.

I tried insuring my MB through my current insurer, Norwich Union, but they 'couldn't quote me happy' because they quoted £480 and wouldn't budge from this figure. A huge difference, you must admit.

There should be no problem insuring your car with any insurer for periods of less than 12 months BUT you may pay proportionately higher rates.

REGARDS Phil

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Clive,
try http://www.budgetinsurance.com/carinsurance/classiccarinsurance.asp

Its better to insure for 12 months - you wont build any ncb if you only insure for 6 months and what happens if it gets damaged when off the road and not insured. As long as its 10 years old you can get it on collectors car insurance and limit the mileage to tie in with the 6 months usage ( you must have another car to qualify) And dont forget to ring them and negotiate to get the best price..

tom7035

Reaction score
Another is Wilsons Commercial (0161 8748000) who are brokered by Corinthian Insurance. I pay £198 TPFT for 12 months, and this is WITHOUT 60% NCD (as I have another car to which this is applied). Some minor discounts apply such as Self/Spouse, IAM membership, and 12k annually. It does pay though to shop around.

Cheers.

OP
clivealive

clivealive

Reaction score
...thank you for your help everyone, very much appreciated (I should use this site more often).
I was just wondering (without starting a whole new thread), is it possible to get an independant make armrest for a 12 year old 190 thesedays??? as an automatic without an armrest is a bit like a roast dinner without the gravy...good, but just not quite complete, if you know what I mean? Thanks.

Top Bottom