Intelligent lighting system doesn’t work after windscreen replacement

Mars08

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2018
Hi All,

I hope you are well. I have a problem with my ILS on my C class. After a windsceeen replacement my lighting system is not working. Auto glass re- calibrate it but still I had issues. I have contacted Mercedes branch and they suggested - calibration. I have paid for it and my lights are still not working. They create on the side some weird strips and patched on the middle. I contacted Mercedes and they said they don’t think there is a problem as it’s normal for “old” car (2018) when I never had this issue before. Any advices much approciated

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 18

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I have a 2018 car with Intelligent Lighting and I don’t have this problem. That sounds like the usual Mercedes answer “that’s normal Sir, they all do it”. Autoglass fitted a new windscreen on mine and did the recalibration and I have had no problems, Assuming yours was covered under insurance, perhaps get your insurance company to step in.

Your problem will be convincing them that the issue with the lights is linked to the windscreen change, They may just see it as a coincidence,

OP
M

Mars08

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2018
Thanks for your advice. It’s strange as I don’t have any fault on the screen, neither fault reader can detects any issue, but it all happened after the windscreen replacement. I love Mercedes excuses “ it’s just coincidence”

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom