Interior Light Door Switch(s)

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Have a w210 2001. I have posted previously problems with my interior light coming on, on it's own and am now ready to address the problem, (having fixed several niggles courtesy of this forum).

My interior light operates via the goos old fashioned "plunger" style contact and all four look identical. I have been unable to locate which one is faulty (have opened all windows and from outside of the car rocked the doors- no joy. I therefore am going to buy one switch and change them in rotation and by process of elimination fix the problem. Two question for help please:

1. Whilst they look the same...are they >
    my car is an estate, couold the boot also be a possible cause
    most importantly, how do I get the little plastic square black contacts out of the frame of the car ????[
    /LIST]
    Would appreciate all and any in the usual way to get my niggle list down to less than a handful.

Cheers Adam

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
whoops

Have a w210 2001. I have posted previously problems with my interior light coming on, on it's own and am now ready to address the problem, (having fixed several niggles courtesy of this forum).

My interior light operates via the goos old fashioned "plunger" style contact and all four look identical. I have been unable to locate which one is faulty (have opened all windows and from outside of the car rocked the doors- no joy. I therefore am going to buy one switch and change them in rotation and by process of elimination fix the problem. Two question for help please:

1. Whilst they look the same...are they >
    my car is an estate, couold the boot also be a possible cause
    most importantly, how do I get the little plastic square black contacts out of the frame of the car ????[
    /LIST]

Would appreciate all and any in the usual way to get my niggle list down to less than a handful.

Cheers Adam

1. sorry, I can't count it was three q's not two and I also can't spell !

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
1. Yes they are all the same. Dealer can tell you when you order part.
2. Boot could be cause too
3. Remove the a-pillar trim and remove it from behind. (a little fiddley)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom