Internal wiring problem

Gordon Fraser

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220e coupe 1995
Hi all ... looking to see if anyone can help me with my latest mishap!! The heater blower needs replacing so I bought a cheap dashboard heater (lighter socket plug in)to use in the meantime ..... it worked for 10 mins and then blew the fuse, now nothing works inside the car .... ive replaced the fuse but it keeps blowing ... I think I've damaged the wiring .... is this something that can be replaced easily? can u buy a wiring loom specifically for this? Any advice welcome .... thanks

1995 220e coupe btw

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
You need to get to the back of the lighter socket and take it on from there. Put up a picture of the inside of the socket, it could be something that got bent thus causing a short.

OP
Gordon Fraser

Gordon Fraser

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220e coupe 1995
You need to get to the back of the lighter socket and take it on from there. Put up a picture of the inside of the socket, it could be something that got bent thus causing a short.
Ok will do

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
You should be able to drive a 180 watt heater (on its own)from the lighter socket, but there will be heat build up at that sort of current.
My initial thought is similar to above, but i would remove the lighter socket and unplug the feed and then try a new fuse.

Your saying nothing else works inside the car indicates that this feed has already been tapped for other stuff, maybe the load is already significant prior to plugging anything in.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom