iPhone Cradles (Bluetooth or not to Bluetooth)

G

garysanderson

I've just bought and had fitted, an iPhone Cradle (on my invoice it says H2J1).

The guy fitted and tested it - all working fine. It wasn't until I'd left that I realised that it was connecting via Bluetooth. This is a bit of an issue as the car is parked so close to the house that even after leaving and locking the car, going into the house and sitting down in either the kitchen or lounge, the phone still thinks it's connected to the car - plus the fact that voice over BT isn't really very good and has lots of 'bounce back'.

Do MB do an iPhone cradle that simply connects via wire/cradle rather than over Bluetooth?

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Quick answer is .........NO!!! but I too have an Iphone 3G (Not 3gs) go into your setting menu, the one with the cogs on it, go to bluetooth & set the "OPTIONS"

When my IPhone rings it gives me the option to answer it different ways

1. NGA 20 (The carphone option)

2, Speaker

3. Standard Phone

if your in the car & it rings you can, of course, just hit the Green phone button & answer it that way......

UPDATE... My phone just rang & it performed exactly as above giving me 3 options of answering it ( I'm sitting at my desk in my office about 100 feet from my car at the moment)

nodger

Reaction score
This is a bit of an issue as the car is parked so close to the house that even after leaving and locking the car, going into the house and sitting down

Sounds like your Bluetooth unit is wired so that it receives power from the battery even after you've removed your keys. If it has the same wiring options as most stereo head units, this can be changed easily... you can also have it wired so that it switches off with the car. I know this was the case with the half dozen or so stereos I've installed.

My iPhone is connected to a Sony head unit via Bluetooth, and it disconnects as soon as I pull the keys from the ignition.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Sounds like your Bluetooth unit is wired so that it receives power from the battery even after you've removed your keys.

The pukka MB cradles stay live for a certain amount of time after ignition off. It's programmable somehow, but I don't know how.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
On cars with Comand the phone normally stops charging when the car has gone to sleep,circa 20 mins from turn off,, I do not know about blue tooth but must be the same as comand is the only thing in the wake up circuit

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom