iPod connectivity issues, new B Class

gingernut

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
b200/2012/1800
Hello

I have a Audio 20 fitted in my new B Class. I was disappointed to see that my iPod Classic 120gb would not behave itself when connected via the MB supplied iPod interface cable. This after 4 years of trouble free operation in an A Class also via a MB

After some research I found a compatibility list at http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/ My 120gb Classic iPod and firmware combination is not listed, but the Classic 160gb with firmware 2.0.4 was listed, so I stumped up for a new Classic 160gb iPod, only to find the same problems. And these are as follows:

1. iPod goes 'offline' frequently, particularly at the start of a new track. Audio 20 screen reports 'No device connected' or similar, then it comes back on line after a few seconds. After a while it gos off and does not come back on for 30 minutes or so.

2. The first second or 2 of the first track is not played.

3. Even though an album has been selected, pressing next track just replays the first track. Having said that, this particular fault does seem to be intermittent.

4. Album art does not display on the Audio 20 display.

Having stumped up for thr Harman Kardan option and a new iPod I am not happy.

Any advice before I try an effect a fix via MB directly.

Many thanks in advance.

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
Hello

I have a Audio 20 fitted in my new B Class. I was disappointed to see that my iPod Classic 120gb would not behave itself when connected via the MB supplied iPod interface cable. This after 4 years of trouble free operation in an A Class also via a MB

After some research I found a compatibility list at http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/ My 120gb Classic iPod and firmware combination is not listed, but the Classic 160gb with firmware 2.0.4 was listed, so I stumped up for a new Classic 160gb iPod, only to find the same problems. And these are as follows:

1. iPod goes 'offline' frequently, particularly at the start of a new track. Audio 20 screen reports 'No device connected' or similar, then it comes back on line after a few seconds. After a while it gos off and does not come back on for 30 minutes or so.

2. The first second or 2 of the first track is not played.

3. Even though an album has been selected, pressing next track just replays the first track. Having said that, this particular fault does seem to be intermittent.

4. Album art does not display on the Audio 20 display.

Having stumped up for thr Harman Kardan option and a new iPod I am not happy.

Any advice before I try an effect a fix via MB directly.

Many thanks in advance.

First off the 120Gb ipod should have worked. Did you try updating the firmware on it via iTunes?

The connecting/disconnecting sounds like a physical connection issue. You should check all the cables.

Album artwork does not display on the Audio-20 screen. It is not supported at all.

If you email us over the VIN number of the car we can see if you have ipod interface or media interface fitted and can then advise further for you.

sales@comand.co.uk

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom