ipod kit

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203
I finally splashed out & got the official kit for my ipod - bought the parts from the dealer (with my members discount) & took them to my local indie to fit - great job, well pleased with the result & saved around 100 quid on the dealers price and less than my daughter paid for a 6 disc CD multichanger
I have one small niggle - or maybe it's me not reading the instructions properly
I can navigate through all the menus - select albums, artists, playlists etc, but when I select "shuffle" it reverts to playing at random from the entire contents of the ipod
this means that (for example) if i want to play my five star playlist - which is good for several hours driving - I can only listen to it in alphabetical order of the artists and not shuffled within the playlist , as you can normally
can anyone help with this or is it just a quirk of the system?

Ultymate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K Estate 1998
I recently fitted the Harmon/Kardon Drive+Play in my car and I can either shuffle play from the whole contents of the Ipod or shuffle play albums. I cannot shuffle play one of my playlists. Excellent bit of kit though £61 delivered to my door from Ebay.

ivegotcclass

Reaction score
Hi Phil, from memory, I think you can Shuffle through browsing Artists, Albums, genre, etc but you cannot get the shuffle facility on Playlists.

I'm like you and use the Star rating on my iTunes and would not like it to Shuffle my entire library, I've got used to it and is not much of a problem now as I like to manage and change my playlists often.

Ultymate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K Estate 1998
I don't think the Ipod itself can shuffle playlists
I think you're right there mine's only a 2G one and will deffinately not shuffle play playlists to be honest if you're going to create playlists there does'nt seem much point in then shuffling them:confused:

OP
P

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203
maybe I didn't make myself clear - I meant shuffle within a single playlist, which the ipod cetainly can do - my fave one has about 150 tracks on it and I enjoy the shuffle facility when listening to it - seems a bit of a shame that I cant do that in the car now.
the upside is I'm now listening to a wider range of my music collection and rediscovering the pleasure of listening to an album from start to finish

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom