Is it ok to remap a e350 cdi with 122k miles ?

Sr108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class
Anyone done it with over 100k ? Was it alright?

OP
S

Sr108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
So that’s the 3.0 engine in the w212 e350 cdi yes? And how has yours been ?
Its the same engine series (OM642) and is in a CLS and it has been absolutely fine. I knew it was well looked after prior to the mapping.

Reactions: DSK

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I don’t think many tuners would warrant the work at that mileage I certainly wouldn’t

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Also look at your other tuning thread for answers to this very question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
100k is just a number. First I’ve heard of someone refusing to tune a car with that mileage. 100K should be absolutely nothing! Cars should be doing a million miles without issue by now as modern stuff is hyped to be the best thing since sliced bread, but, the wise ones know better.

I would be reluctant to tune cars due to the sort of hands and skin flints cars may largely be in at that mileage, on the 5th or so owner? The extended bs service intervals on modern cars and how pathetic they really are, being terrible for a standard cars let alone a modified car? Mechanicals not being built to the same standards of the olden days? Components being run closer to their limits? A culture of consumers intentionally trying to blame issues on others? This is more plausible.

The 350 is a tried and tested unit. Just ensure your car has fresh fluids and filters top to bottom, ensure the turbo is healthy, ensure the engine sensors are within correct limits, ensure boost and pressure pipes/hoses are free of all leaks, ensure plugs/leads/coils as applicable are new/fresh, ensure fuel injectors are flowing as new (how this is important yet overlooked by almost everything I’ve ever seen). This is a basic service!!! Always make sure you warm it up and cool it down. Then map from a reputable firm and continue to service it old school style from that point on.

TeddyRuxpin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI W212 (2009)
Well there must be something to it as GAD, forum sponsor, won't map cars with over 100,000 miles / 10 years (at least on an E350).

Probably too many headaches with customers with badly maintained cars coming in and wanting MOAR POWAR!! and then it breaking the weakest link of the badly maintained car.

I intend to get my E350 with 175,000 miles on it (currently running a Brabus D6 box) remapped in the next month (not by GAD obviously!).

But the GAD thing is worth a mention...

TeddyRuxpin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI W212 (2009)
Booked mine today with 174k miles on it for 28th Nov… will have done 175k by that time.

Will let you know if it goes up in flames.

(Booked it for a gearbox service inc. torque converter and brake fluid flush on the 25th also)

OP
S

Sr108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class
Booked mine today with 174k miles on it for 28th Nov… will have done 175k by that time.

Will let you know if it goes up in flames.

(Booked it for a gearbox service inc. torque converter and brake fluid flush on the 25th also)
How much is all that costing ? Have you checked all the things that were mentioned in comment #9 ?

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good morning,

The reasoning for our 10 year/ 100k mile rule is mainly due to the high amount of cars we have booked in over the last 18 months and had to reject the car on arrival due to all sorts of reasons! Missed service intervals or oil leaks, boost leaks, dif conditions etc... We carry out a lot of physical and software checks on the vehicles and we come across all sorts of issues the client had either turned a blind eye to or had no knowledge of.

So it got to the point when we had spent so much of our time diagnosing clients cars to then not actual add our service to. Since our rules have been put in place the amount of cars we reject has reduced massively

Many thanks indeed

Anthony @ GAD

OP
S

Sr108

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class
Good morning,

The reasoning for our 10 year/ 100k mile rule is mainly due to the high amount of cars we have booked in over the last 18 months and had to reject the car on arrival due to all sorts of reasons! Missed service intervals or oil leaks, boost leaks, dif conditions etc... We carry out a lot of physical and software checks on the vehicles and we come across all sorts of issues the client had either turned a blind eye to or had no knowledge of.

So it got to the point when we had spent so much of our time diagnosing clients cars to then not actual add our service to. Since our rules have been put in place the amount of cars we reject has reduced massively

Many thanks indeed

Anthony @ GAD
Yeah makes sense , could you tell me the main things I should check out to know whether my car is ok to be mapped or not ?

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Yeah makes sense , could you tell me the main things I should check out to know whether my car is ok to be mapped or not ?
For starters i would say a full diagnostic scan with some powerful, check of DPF condition and EGR condition, the oil coolers are famous for leaking also, the amount we come across when digging in to them and the history and find its never had a transmission service also.

Many thanks

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just as I assumed above, bullshxt service intervals, cars in the wrong hands where people are happy to skimp but want a remap lol.

So what about about a car that may be over 100k, but, maintained far, far beyond the standards of routine intervals, no leaks of any kind, fluids kept as fresh as one’s tap water?

I appreciate the above would be rare generally speaking, but, such cars and owners do exist albeit in small numbers compared to the average joes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom