Is this car worth the money they're asking

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Not sure that’s the case, mines Avantguard and has the bigger brakes,

Those were the days of myriad options Matt, mine was an Avantgarde with the optional sport body kit and suspension/brakes so a few do exist interestingly it retained the Avantgarde steering wheel. MB soon changed to option packages with the facelift - obviously more money to be made

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Yeah I’ve been speaking with the guy but only seems to get back to me at 10.30 pm

Abb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Yeah I’ve been speaking with the guy but only seems to get back to me at 10.30 pm

IIRC he works for the local law enforcement, so perhaps shifts?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Hi mate I did prefer a sport to be honest but that like the other one is out of my budget don’t think he’s Willing to drop the price of the cars to my max what I can afford. I also must apologise to you all I must be getting on your nerves with all this

Is it worth loosing a great car for £300??

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Is it worth loosing a great car for £300??
No mate I understand what your saying but 8k was my top budget I can’t afford the extra 300 mate 8500 was pushing

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I’ve looked at that one Lee drivers seat looks really tired - something will come up

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
I’ve looked at that one Lee drivers seat looks really tired - something will come up
Yeah mate I see that was just looking at the pictures now the seat looks squashed

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
Last car : first MOT 23/01/2013 -25912 miles , next MOT , one year later 29/01/2014 - 18982 miles ????!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Very basic spec on the W211. Not even heated seats.
A lot of money for a W211 in spite of the low miles.
Untaxed for the past 12 months and the mileage discrepancy between MOT's would need further investigation (Service records)

I'd hold out for a W212.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
That’s a nice car Malcolm really is we’re they a good car overall can’t believe the mileage on that as well

Yes a very well sorted car 2007-09 as said the mileage discrepancy would need looking into (it happens mine was wrongly recorded last year) the service history should reveal all

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Yea I must admit They are a nice looking car even to this date but the spec is very low on them and that’s a lot of money for an older car so to speak

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
That’s a nice car Malcolm really is we’re they a good car overall can’t believe the mileage on that as well

Just be mindful that that model could depreciate quite heavily in proportion with to-days assumed value being the old, old model. That is because of it's current condition/mileage/history the buying price to-day is strong for that model. Unless you intend keeping it that way it will lose it's value quite quickly. I suspect also that it will just feel like you are just driving an 'Old Merc'. :(

There is a similar one on Autotrader for less than £3,500 with 37,000 miles on it albeit not anywhere near the condition of the one that Malcolm has shown you but it does highlight the depreciation potential. Just be careful. :rolleyes:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009043322752?maximum-mileage=100000&postcode=nr321pu&advertising-location=at_cars&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&aggregatedTrim=E320&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1501&transmission=Automatic&sort=relevance&model=E CLASS&page=1

Last edited:
OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Thbsk
Just be mindful that that model could depreciate quite heavily in proportion with to-days being the old, old model. That is because of it's current condition/mileage/history the buying price to-day is strong for that model. Unless you intend keeping it that way it will lose it's value quite quickly. I suspect also that it will just feel like you are just driving an 'Old Merc. :(

There is a similar one on Autotrader for less than £3,500 with 37,000 miles on it albeit not anywhere near the condition of the one that Malcolm has shown you but it does highlight the depreciation potential. Just be careful. :rolleyes:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009043322752?maximum-mileage=100000&postcode=nr321pu&advertising-location=at_cars&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&aggregatedTrim=E320&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1501&transmission=Automatic&sort=relevance&model=E CLASS&page=1
thank you buddy but I’m going to hold it till I find the right w212

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Just be mindful that that model could depreciate quite heavily in proportion with to-days assumed value being the old, old model. That is because of it's current condition/mileage/history the buying price to-day is strong for that model. Unless you intend keeping it that way it will lose it's value quite quickly. I suspect also that it will just feel like you are just driving an 'Old Merc'. :(

Andy, I don’t think you can compare a W211 @ 11 years old with a W210 @ 19 years old the mileage may be similar but that’s where the similarity ends. The W211 in the advert is top money but I would imagine it could be had for £8kish and be good for 100k miles they are a very well sorted car end of production always are

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom