Issues using Google assistant over Bluetooth

Digsy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLB 200D Executive
I use the built in MB voice control on my C class to make and receive calls on my BT connected Android phone, but occasionally I like to be able to use other Google Assistant functionality like sending and reading text messages, accessing my calendar, etc.

Until a couple of weeks ago I could simply do a long press up on the voice button to activate "phone voice recognition" and the Google would talk to me over the car's BT and I could hear over the speakers but recently that has stopped working. I can still access Google Assistant with a long press on the voice button, but now the response comes from the phone and not over the car speakers, meaning that the normal audio sound is not muted and so I cannot hear what mu hone is saying.

From searching on the internet this bug seems to have been around for at least four years and seems to come and go but it has only recently affected me. Its a pain because its such a basic function and one that worked perfectly in my B-class before MB added their own voice activation.

Footnote: I am pretty sure this is actually a phone / Android / Google issue and not a problem with the car. Just looking for any pointers on how to solve it.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Has anything been changed recently, on the car or the environment?

OP
D

Digsy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLB 200D Executive
There was a map update about a month ago but other than that nothing that I am aware of.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom