It finally happening

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
'A blatant tax on motorists': Swindon becomes the first town to ditch speed cameras

On the way out: Swindon has become the first council to ban fixed-point speed cameras
A town last night became the first in the UK to scrap 'cash cow' speed cameras after admitting they are a 'blatant tax on the motorist.'
To the rejoicing of drivers across the land, Swindon Borough Council took the unprecedented decision to ditch fixed-point speed traps and end a constant flow of £60 speeding fines flooding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...torists-Swindon-town-ditch-speed-cameras.html

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Eureka! I had a NIP through the post the other day but it was a 'clone' of my plate which was flashed. Wouldn't have happened if 'real' policing was on the streets.

truthfindergeneral

Reaction score
There's a speed camera at the end of the M62 , Merseyside. It was errected after the deaths of 3 motorists in two years.
1. drunk driver on own
2. Stolen car with 3 youths aboard
3. Uninsured, unlicensed foreigner.

Now which one of the above will have been the type to slow down on seeing a speed camera ?

Has the introduction of the camera stopped any of the above ?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I liked the sound of this Swindon story until the guy from the council was interviewed this morning.

They only have 3 cameras!

Russ

Top Bottom