It's Goodbye From me.....

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I don't drive a Mercedes, but see no reason why I cant join in, so why the need to go?

Precisely, like minded folk, who take an interest and have knowledge, experience, or even just opinions are all welcome in my view. If people were not interested, they would not bother.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I dont drive a Mercedes, but see no reason why I cant join in, so why the need to go?

....and why not just join in. A prayer a day from the elite of the elite will help you out and who knows you may just repent and sell (or might have to give away;) ) the cat:cool:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Originally Posted by bazzman View Post
Don't say anything rude about me or my Skoda. I might be lurking.

That was tempting providence, now it begins:lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Originally Posted by bazzman View Post
Don't say anything rude about me or my Skoda. I might be lurking.

That was tempting providence, now it begins:lol:

I would not know where to start, can you guys help me

psmart

Reaction score
Have you got a radio for my Skoda?
OK, sounds like a fair swap to me!!

Why do Skodas have heated rear windows?
To keep your hands warm when you're pushing them in winter.....

How do you double the value of a skoda?
.... Fill it up with petrol.. :rolleyes:

psmart

Reaction score
What's the difference between a Skoda and a Jehovah's Witness?
You can shut the door on a Jehovah's Witness.

What do you call a Skoda with twin exhausts?
A wheelbarrow

Heard of the new 16 valve Skoda?
Four in the engine and twelve in the radio :}

Why do skodas have a rear wash wipe ?
........To remove the flies that crash into them.

What do you call a Skoda with a long radio aerial?
A dodgem!

What do you call a skoda driver who say's he has a speeding ticket ????
A Dreamer.

I had to part with my skoda as it was costing too much,
I was only doing 10 miles to every pair of trainers!!

Whats the difference between a Skoda and a tampon?
The Tampon comes with its own tow rope!

What is the difference between a sheep and a Skoda?
It is only marginally more embarrassing being caught getting out of the back of a sheep than it is getting out of the back of a Skoda!

What do you call a Skoda at the top of a hill?
A miracle

What do you call 2 Skodas at the top of a hill?
A mirage.

What do you call a Russian Skoda?........
An Illusion.....

is 30km/ph top speed for a skoda?
When on a suspended tow probably

Last edited:

psmart

Reaction score
You see? Mention Skoda and what do you get?

I'm definitely staying.

Seriously, thanks guys, I will hang around here. Just for the insults.

Bazzman
Dont worry, I used to own 2!!!

Great thing about them, back then, is that the police were embarrassed to stop them and couldnt believe a Skoda could travel at 110mph :) .... guess what speed I used to drive..... Police free :rolleyes:

OP
B

bazzman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK 200 6-Speed
Skoda jokes....sigh....

You see what you get when cousins marry? Skoda jokes! Ha! :)

W140

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Present car W124 E280.Past Cars : W140 S320 x2 W140 S500 x2 W140 S600. W126 500 SEC
I ran a Skoda Octavia as a Taxi for a few months a few years back.
It was OK to run around in , the customers never complained and it earnt me a living.
But by the cringe could you feel the difference when you jumped into another Car.
At the time I had just got a brand new , 03 plate, Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCI with tiptronic autobox, cruise , air-con, electric seats and built in Sat Nav system, also for use as a Taxi..Compared to the Skoda , which was only 7 months old by then, it felt like I was driving a Rolls Royce.
The trim, comfort and quietness of the Mondeo was in a different league. In the end customers began to politely request the Mondeo over the Skoda.
In the end I let the Skoda go , when it began to just get tired, that was after 15 months and 76 k odd miles. By comparison the Mondeo ploughed on for another 4 years without putting a foot wrong and clocking 168 k. When I sold it , it still didn't have a single rattle and was still returning 65 MPG.
I love my Mercs, I think they are just an amazing car, and have been the proud owner of many. But if I was lookig for an alternative, I would go for the new shape Mondeo without a moments hesitation. That is based purely on the experience I had with its immediate predecessor a truely awesome car.

OP
B

bazzman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK 200 6-Speed
Thanks W140. I appreciate that. Actually loads of cabs around here (york/leeds/hull) are Skodas, mostly Octavias, a few Superbs. Police use 'em too.:)

My car feels real good mechanically, (VAG mechanicals) but you and a couple of others do have a point, the trim isn't as resilient as VW items. Beginning to bobble a bit on the door trims. Seats seem OK tho'.

But honestly, I was so put off by my experience this time, that I wanted something to just ****** drive for a year or two, not worry about warranty ending. One of my real concerns too was seeing underneath when I had the MOT done, the rear subframe was really corroded and the dealer did make it plain that the subframe wouldn't be covered by MB's fab 30 year warranty.

Actually just today a mate of mine with a sport coupe version of mine - different engine, same year - told me that last month he had the valeo radiator thing happen. Well, he didn't know it was the Valeo thing, he just knew his radiator failed. New rad and torque converter flush. Cost him £1800 odd, and he says that now he's noticed that the car's not changing gear right. So he's going to part-ex it in for another car. I know MB before 2000-2003 were great cars, I had 3. And I'm sure now they've sorted it out so modern cars are OK. I've never been nervous - really lost confidence - in a car before. And it's a funny experience. But thank you for your advice re Mondeo. Maybe in a couple of years. ;-)

Barry

Last edited:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Joking apart the Skoda is a decent motor. The firm I do some private hire driving has two Superbs, one has done 150k the other approaching 200k. They are quiet, very economical. fast and there is more room for the back seat passengers and a bigger boot than in a W211 E class saloon.:cool:

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
I have looked a Skoda’s carefully myself .It would seem that Skoda (the Czech arm of Volkswagen) are actually beating VW at their own game and using quality VW components to build better manufactured cars than VW.
In fact I would go so far as to say they are building them as good as Mercedes built cars in the 80s and 90s.Just look at what the taxi guys are using to rack up the miles nowadays! .Skoda’s for sale with 2-300K are fairly common and they don’t appear to rust easily either.
A wise choice Bazzman.
Perhaps Mercedes will improve and you will get back into them later as I am sure your heart will be with Mercedes whatever you own .I am sure there will be many Mercedes owners that over the last 30 years have had excellent trouble free motoring from their Mercedes only to find some of the newer ones give similar experiences as Bazzman has outlined.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom