Keeping the Engine Clean?

Wombat457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 3.5ltr V6
Are any others here like me and like to have nice clean engine and engine bay? If there are, aside from Degreaser, what do you use to clean youres with?

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
I’m washing the engine and engine bay once a year using degreaser, jet wash, foam, jet wash again followed by air jet from a compressor, from start to finish the engine is running, never had any issues (maybe I’ve been lucky). Everything is done by myself in a normal car wash with their products .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Wombat457

Wombat457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 3.5ltr V6
Similar to me except (foolishly probably) don't run the engine while I degrease. I do use Dawn Dish Soap and a stiff bristle bruch on the Engine Cover after degreasing it to get rid of any residue and left overs :)

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Nope, your not alone, a clean engine bay has got to be done. I know pretty much only you will see it, so what. Still gotta be done! :)
20240113_081502.jpg

Last edited:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Every time the car gets cleaned so does the engine bay. And the underside, exhausts etc. I find it strangely therapeutic but I'm a bit like that really.

Usually just a quick spray with a QD and the go over the plastics and the rubber finishes with Aerospace 303. Gives it a nice sheen (not shine which I don't like unless it's supposed to have one)

Bonnet 04.jpg

Excuse the obligatory C-Tek, it seems to live there at the moment.

Underneath: -

Pipes from front with X Member back.jpg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Every time the car gets cleaned so does the engine bay. And the underside, exhausts etc. I find it strangely therapeutic but I'm a bit like that really.

Usually just a quick spray with a QD and the go over the plastics and the rubber finishes with Aerospace 303. Gives it a nice sheen (not shine which I don't like unless it's supposed to have one)

View attachment 87936

View attachment 87937
Impressive undercarriage. :)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
@daventry

Your car always looks immaculate, I wish mine would.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom