Key fob reprogramming?

mr roonie

Reaction score
Hello, first post in these forums, its actually on behalf of my dad and his E300 DT, he bought it with 2 keys, one works one doesnt!, when pressing the lock/unlock button the red led blinks but nothing happens, neither does it do anything when its in the ignition, is the key knackard? we have tried new batteries and some of the resetting procedures but to no avail, any help is much appreciated!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
mr roonie said:
Hello, first post in these forums, its actually on behalf of my dad and his E300 DT, he bought it with 2 keys, one works one doesnt!, when pressing the lock/unlock button the red led blinks but nothing happens, neither does it do anything when its in the ignition, is the key knackard? we have tried new batteries and some of the resetting procedures but to no avail, any help is much appreciated!

Hello and welcome, your dad will have to get another key from any MB outlet.
No other way round it.

Malcolm

ennio

Reaction score
Malcolm

some people (selling keys) on ebay seem to think keys can be reprogrammed by the dealer: I am sure you know whether this is or is not possible.

I was recently quoted something like £110+VAT for a new key for my 210: the lock/unlock button has broken on mine (but I do have another). Ouch!

Andrew

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
ennio said:
Malcolm

some people (selling keys) on ebay seem to think keys can be reprogrammed by the dealer: I am sure you know whether this is or is not possible.

I was recently quoted something like £110+VAT for a new key for my 210: the lock/unlock button has broken on mine (but I do have another). Ouch!

Andrew
Not possible, most of the Ebayers have something like 'will require reprogramming buyer should check that this is possible before purchase'

Reaction score
I'd like to know the circumstances that would see someone legitimately selling a car key on e-bay? The only one I can think is having your car written-off and selling your own keys. other than that, I assume they are probably removed without the owners consent.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I think quite a few are for sale as the car has probably been sold and the spare key then turns up.
I wonder how many people receive the small emergency key as well as the two IR/RF keys when they buy a MB?

OP
M

mr roonie

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, my dad was quoted something like £140 from the main stealer for a new key:confused: i think he'll be hoping the current key doesnt break:eek:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
At the trade show today lots of firm selling key programmers including EIS ran out of time, but I will get some info on this shortly. It was available for most cars.

Malcolm

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom