Keyless go

darren0269

Reaction score
Afternoon all,
Just had a spare key fob repaired (faulty board) on an 08 S320, the fob works fine from its buttons - doors, boot and a key start. It doesn’t work with keyless - just shows key not recognised. Given that it operates does it need to be reprogrammed to the car for keyless and if so how? I’ve tried a factory reset (both lock/unlock for five seconds until it lights twice) - no change. Looking online shows a sequence of into ignition (step2) then removal and pushing buttons in order, another shows the same but leaving it in step two - neither has worked so far. Could return it to the repairer but I suspect it’s fine just needs the correct reset/pairing to the car. Any advice appreciated
D

OP
D

darren0269

Reaction score
I'd contact whoever repaired it.
Yes returning it isn’t a problem but wondered if the key needs a sequence to reset it for keyless - as I said it works as it should from the buttons and once in the ignition starts the car in the standard way - just the keyless part that’s missing
D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you phone whoever repaired it and explain the symptom they will probably have s better idea than us given there are a number of variations of MB keys and procedures.

OP
D

darren0269

Reaction score
If you phone whoever repaired it and explain the symptom they will probably have s better idea than us given there are a number of variations of MB keys and procedures.
D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom