Leaky rims?

drgaz

Reaction score
Website
bazzarpixie.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C320 COUPE
Hi do the rims crack or is it just a case of cleaning the rims on the inside as My 53 C200cdi is always needing the tire pressure adjusting.is it a common fault? regards Gaz

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Not an uncommon problem with ''older'' alloy wheels.......in the past my local tyre fitter has had to take a tyre off, scrape and thoroughly clean the rims and reseal with their magic black goo all round the rims where the tyre seats.......refit tyre.....job done.

Mic

Last edited:

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
I wouldn't tyre weld it personally. Lots of places will also turn you away for puncture repairs if your tyres are full of that stuff. Plus it isn't a permanent repair as it will eventually crack.

Just take it to a tyre shop and get them to reseal your rims. They will just need to wire brush where the rim face meets the tyre and then put some sealant on it. - Problem solved.

OP
drgaz

drgaz

Reaction score
Website
bazzarpixie.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C320 COUPE
Hi Yes I think I will take it in to the tyre place and have the rims cleaned.
wile I am here,
Any good tyre brands you can recomend I don't do many motorway runs mainly the A44 Leicester to mid wales 300 round trips and seen to be making progress so good grippy tyres.Not botherd about expense.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Hi Yes I think I will take it in to the tyre place and have the rims cleaned.
wile I am here,
Any good tyre brands you can recomend I don't do many motorway runs mainly the A44 Leicester to mid wales 300 round trips and seen to be making progress so good grippy tyres.Not botherd about expense.

Mercedes are majoring on Continentals but in terms of opinions on this Forum you are likely to get a wide range of opinion.
You pays your money and takes your chances provided you are fitting the correct specification tyres.

A lot of helpful information here:

www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk

Mic

OP
drgaz

drgaz

Reaction score
Website
bazzarpixie.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C320 COUPE
Thanks for that I will check out some rubber out I use BRIDGESTONE on my bikes.I like contis to

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just taken my 4 year alloys in for a referb from my V70R,,never kerbed one in all that time but I got do fed up with them loosing pressure, I had the black stuff for a few years and that worked well for quite some time as the others have said

OP
drgaz

drgaz

Reaction score
Website
bazzarpixie.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C320 COUPE
I will wip the wheels off the C200 today and drop them off at the tire shop in the morning.I May be tempted to have 4 new tyres wile there off.

Top Bottom