lights

Charlie21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI
W211 2008 When i turn headlamps on Main beam or Auto all working ok, however drove approx 1 mile checked them all ok, approx a further mile and check again, i find the nearside foglight has come on. I have factory reset the lighting but problem persists, anyone any ideas to resolve this Thanks.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Why did you feel you needed to check the headlight function? Do you have xenon headlamps? Could the foglight have come on as a substitute light, do you have any malfunction messages in the cluster multifunction display?

When you checked the second time did you have the steering turned to the nearside or did you have the nearside indicator on? Could it be the cornering function operating the foglight, as it should in those conditions?

OP
C

Charlie21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI
Thanks for the reply Whitenemesis,Noticed fog light was on when i parked up at home reflection in window. I have xenon headlights, no indicator on, steering straight when i check, no malfunction displayed in instrument cluster, i do turn right to leave the street, fog lamp stays on Thanks.

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
The cornering light function will stay on for a few seconds (?) after it has been activated, then it will go off.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you used the indicator when you stopped, that could put the fog lamp on, try indicating on the right direction and see if the right one lights up

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
What age is your car?

The newer models have, as stated above, a cornering function whereby if the steering wheel is turned (as if you were turning into a side road) then the foglight on that side comes on automatically.

This may be user settable in the convienience section of the display menu.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I also have my car set so that the fogs come on when I park and leave the car so that I can see where I am going

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
Definitely the stupid cornering function, lights a fog light on cornering or indicating when below 25mph. You can get it disabled at a dealer or good indy via STAR. I had mine turned off at Mercland.

OP
C

Charlie21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI
Thanks for the replies guys, i went into sub menu lights, and turned off surround lighting, all was ok for a while, now i have offside fog light staying on, i will take Troons advice at next service, many thanks.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom