1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lights

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Charlie21, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Charlie21

Charlie21 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    E220CDI
    W211 2008 When i turn headlamps on Main beam or Auto all working ok, however drove approx 1 mile checked them all ok, approx a further mile and check again, i find the nearside foglight has come on. I have factory reset the lighting but problem persists, anyone any ideas to resolve this Thanks.

2. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    Why did you feel you needed to check the headlight function? Do you have xenon headlamps? Could the foglight have come on as a substitute light, do you have any malfunction messages in the cluster multifunction display?

When you checked the second time did you have the steering turned to the nearside or did you have the nearside indicator on? Could it be the cornering function operating the foglight, as it should in those conditions?

3. OP
    Charlie21

Charlie21 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    E220CDI
    Thanks for the reply Whitenemesis,Noticed fog light was on when i parked up at home reflection in window. I have xenon headlights, no indicator on, steering straight when i check, no malfunction displayed in instrument cluster, i do turn right to leave the street, fog lamp stays on Thanks.

4. The Pan Man

The Pan Man Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
    The cornering light function will stay on for a few seconds (?) after it has been activated, then it will go off.

5. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    If you used the indicator when you stopped, that could put the fog lamp on, try indicating on the right direction and see if the right one lights up

6. brandwooddixon

brandwooddixon Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 Bluefficency 2012
    What age is your car?

The newer models have, as stated above, a cornering function whereby if the steering wheel is turned (as if you were turning into a side road) then the foglight on that side comes on automatically.

This may be user settable in the convienience section of the display menu.

7. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    I also have my car set so that the fogs come on when I park and leave the car so that I can see where I am going

8. Troon

Troon Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    A big one
    Definitely the stupid cornering function, lights a fog light on cornering or indicating when below 25mph. You can get it disabled at a dealer or good indy via STAR. I had mine turned off at Mercland.

9. OP
    Charlie21

Charlie21 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    E220CDI
    Thanks for the replies guys, i went into sub menu lights, and turned off surround lighting, all was ok for a while, now i have offside fog light staying on, i will take Troons advice at next service, many thanks.