Lingutronic NTG 2.5 - It's there, but how do you get it to do anything?

pepi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 270CDI
I will have to learn italian .::)
Thanks for answer.

gmatj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 Avantgarde 2007, facelift, sunroof,Parktronic,NTG2.5, TV, Rearview Camera, Homelink GDO,etc etc
Comand NTG 2.5 has a built in AGW, you do not neeed to connect up a separate one.

To code an NTG 2.5 comand in a pre my09 car you will need an up to date STAR system. I advise applying the latest telematics update to the unit aswell. This gives you the 'Economical' route mode and the ability to load up the new V3 maps.

The new linguatronic system is leaps and bounds better than the earlier versions. For instance you no longer need to spell the name of the town/street you can simply say 'Woking'. to retrofit the linguatronic all you need is the new indicator switch pack, linguatronic lever and a new cowl. Be very very careful when removing the steering wheel. It is very easy to mess up the installation to the point it costs money lots to put right.

Alfie
Do you think if the linguatronic retrofit is left to an MB Dealer will avoid the "mess" risk ??

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Alfie
Do you think if the linguatronic retrofit is left to an MB Dealer will avoid the "mess" risk ??

You could. It all depends on how competant the dealer is.

The steering wheel has to come off and the switch pack disassembled and reassembled with the linguatronic lever. great care needs to be taken as you must move the contact spiral much. If you do you can easily end up needing a new one and incurring significant costs.

gmatj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 Avantgarde 2007, facelift, sunroof,Parktronic,NTG2.5, TV, Rearview Camera, Homelink GDO,etc etc

The steering wheel has to come off and the switch pack disassembled and reassembled with the linguatronic lever. great care needs to be taken as you must move the contact spiral much. If you do you can easily end up needing a new one and incurring significant costs.

Thanks Alfie

zenman63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 AMG slk 350 slk 55 AMG
Guys if I change my cruise stalk for the one with the extra stalk on the right, does it still just plug into the EZ and thats it?

120 vito
NTG 2.5

zenman63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 AMG slk 350 slk 55 AMG
Ok ordered the new stalk today, cruise and voice in one unit, just have to see what turns up, I take it it works on the Canbus?

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B

This should read 'Great care needs to be taken as you must not move the contact spiral much.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
I fear you will be greatly disappointed with Linguatronic... the lady doesnt even sound sexy...and when you ask for Radio 1 only to be greeted with the shipping news it will soon frustrate the hell out of you...

When i am bored I occassionaly speak to her to see what she does to the car.... i fear for any real voice controlled car ..eg. "Turn left here" when the response is likely to be drop a gear , engage accelerator to the floor and fly off the road into the nearest ditch ..... :D

I think its the worst thing Malcolm sold me :p

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I fear you will be greatly disappointed with Linguatronic... the lady doesnt even sound sexy...and when you ask for Radio 1 only to be greeted with the shipping news it will soon frustrate the hell out of you...

When i am bored I occassionaly speak to her to see what she does to the car.... i fear for any real voice controlled car ..eg. "Turn left here" when the response is likely to be drop a gear , engage accelerator to the floor and fly off the road into the nearest ditch ..... :D

I think its the worst thing Malcolm sold me :p

I got on with her just fine as long as you do not ask anything of her,,typical women in that you will never get a real answer, but she always says "pardon" when you swear at her:D

I feel that you may have upset her Gordon, nothing like a woman's scorn

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom