Little low on fuel

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm going to put my hand up and confess - I never checked that once, in [almost] three years of ownership of this car.
I don't even remember how to get to that display in the menu :shock:

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03' BMW 325Ci
I didn’t quite get the pic right on mine above, the needle was sat on zero quite happily lol, you must try harder next time;):p

Haha! It came on whilst passing Jct 21 of the M25 & I thought 'Fuel gauge roulette...' to be fair she did approx 45 miles before I got to Shell near my home...

Your engine temp looks on throw side ....
That's quite an odometer reading

Normal reading for a 202/210.

Yup, usually only a temp needle width above (so around 82-83°c) in Summer or in winter traffic, and bang on 80 in normal running driving. She's had her coolant replaced as well last month but even then never above 85°c which occurred when I gave her a bit of stick lol. They're cool running engines and as Alistair said its a normal reading.

That pic was at the petrol station and I'd done the last 45 miles below 2k rpm too so barely any load on the engine... But a load on my heart haha!

The odometer reading, yes quite a reading indeed and growing... Just such a damn good motor to be honest!

HaydnM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 / W164
out and about today and noticed we were a little low on fuel, by the time we did the shopping and finally pulled into the fillup station I think I might have been cutting it a little fine View attachment 41935

With so few Petrol station in Newark Matty, you nearly could have dropped a clanger, think you have a bigger pair of balls than me to go that low

Last edited:
OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
With so few Petrol station in Newark Matty, you nearly could have dropped a clanger, think you have a bigger pair of balls than me to go that low
Lol I actually drove past one thinking ah just a little further at which point I got stuck in traffic on castlegate :rolleyes:

HaydnM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 / W164
You where very lucky, as Lombard Street was closed this morning, so you could have been held up on all that, dope , could have been a little embarrassing

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I've driven (carefully) nearly 20 miles on 0 in a 320cdi 210. I regularly see 0 in the CL...and haven't been caught out even after about 10 miles.

These gauges are not accurate, they have a margin for error.

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom