Locking wheel bolts for 18" AMG monoblocks?

charlysays

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C250 Turbodiesel Sport Auto Estate
I have a full set of wheel bolts which came with the wheels but would like to fit some locking wheel bolts now I've had them refurbished. They're on my W202.
Im struggling to find locking bolts which have the same depth head as the original wheel bolts, they are all shorter and whilst this isn't an issue for using them with the wheels (can just use a deep socket) I'm concerned about balance issues.
All the bolts I find on the net including ebay etc are for the standard W202 alloys and have an overall length of 65mm or so. 40mm is thread then the rest is the radius taper and the head.
The bolts which came with my wheels have a deeper head because the monoblock has a thicker hub/ centre than the normal W202 alloys. The overall length is 70mm with the same 40mm of thread.
I have an old set of OE merc locking wheel nuts for standard W202 wheels as well as a set of bolts for these so I'm half considering just using these and carrying a deep socket in the car although im not sure how it'll affect the 'look' if the wheel bolts are more recessed than normal.

What wheel bolts/ locking bolts are people using with their monoblocks? I assume the 17" monoblocks more commonly fitted to W202s also have deeper bolt holes and require a bolt with a longer head?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I wouldn’t fit any locking bolts, they cause way more issues for the owner in trying to remove them than they do in preventing theft.

OP
C

charlysays

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C250 Turbodiesel Sport Auto Estate
Thanks guys. I will probably just not use locking bolts. They didn't get stolen the two years I last used them on the car!

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
if you park on the street the get some, otherwise don't bother

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom