Looking to buy a C Class

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Have a look on Wikipedia - just search on C Class Mercedes and there are lists of whch engines are which, what years they were used, what BHP they produce, etc. I found this invaluable when I was looking for a C Class. Now doing the same thing for an E Class :)

MB are a bit confusing in their vehicle markings; the C200 isn't necessarily a 2ltr for example. My C220 is actually a 2.1ltr.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

MB are a bit confusing in their vehicle markings; the C200 isn't necessarily a 2ltr for example. My C220 is actually a 2.1ltr.

Very confusing. You'd think my R320 was 3.2 but it's only 3.0 like the R280 o_O

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
OP
M

MattBaigent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate
What’s comand? Not too fussed about leather. Have it in my truck and it is useful but I can’t stand cold or hot days when the seats are freezing or sticky!

OP
M

MattBaigent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate
Oh right, ok. I will look at the all leather then and make sure I get the comand. And if I want the reversing camera I need parktronic assyst plus??

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh right, ok. I will look at the all leather then and make sure I get the comand. And if I want the reversing camera I need parktronic assyst plus??

You can easily retro fit a reversing camera if you have COMAND, the normal parking sensors are very good

OP
M

MattBaigent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate
Is it obvious if the vehicle has COMAND?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is it obvious if the vehicle has COMAND?

Pop out screen on the '08 - '11 cars, loads more functionality so you need to have a look at the stereo when looking at the car

OP
M

MattBaigent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate
Pop out screen on the '08 - '11 cars, loads more functionality so you need to have a look at the stereo when looking at the car
Ok, I’m looking at the ‘12-‘14 style. If I look at a picture, would it be obvious to see?

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5

You can have basic Parktronic , sensors in bumpers , bleeps and a LED warning panel. Then you can also have a reversing camera. Thats a full screen rear view in your Comand screen.
After that you can have various parking assist systems some with sensors and some with 360 deg. Parking ... i.e. parks it for you.
I think Partronic and a reversing camera are essential on a long car.
However if ypu keep this car 3 years by then folks will no doubt want it to park itself! :)

OP
M

MattBaigent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate
Yea, I do want to have a reversing camera. I have it on my truck and thinks it’s such a useful tool. It’s hard because every ad seems to say parktronic but it seems like there are many variations which are not specified.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Yea, I do want to have a reversing camera. I have it on my truck and thinks it’s such a useful tool. It’s hard because every ad seems to say parktronic but it seems like there are many variations which are not specified.

Post 17 on Page 1 of this thread explains how to determine what is on a MB car. ;)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok, I’m looking at the ‘12-‘14 style. If I look at a picture, would it be obvious to see?

If they have put a pic of the screen with a map on it.

Parktronic is excellent with the visual and beeps

OP
M

MattBaigent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate
Post 17 on Page 1 of this thread explains how to determine what is on a MB car. ;)
I was just wondering if there was a way to tell what it has with looking at the pictures as all the ads just say parktronic front and rear and some also say advanced so I’m not really sure with the package they come with. Like, when buying my truck, I knew that if I saw a screen in the dash, I knew it would have the reversing camera!

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
and make sure I get the comand.

If you require a good sat nav, COMAND will die of embarrassment when compared to the latest TomToms, updated daily through WIFI without needing connected to your computer etc etc.

Russ

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I think Partronic ....... are essential on a long car.
Nice to have ..... not essential ;)

I managed for years reversing big cars with just mirrors, and while I do use the reverse sensors on my R Class (not especially long) I'd manage if they weren't fitted.

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Just by mine, its got the lot and there is not a better one out there, £23k and its yours lol

OP
M

MattBaigent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class estate
If you could lower it by £10k then I could haha.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom