Low oil level light C240

P

Patrick1964

Hi - I've got a 1999 C240 and the low oil level light keeps coming on, although there is plenty of oil in the engine. The light only comes on after 15 mins / 10 miles or so, but stays on. The car runs fine, but it's disconcerting. Any idea's? Thanks in advance.

Nifill

Reaction score
I have '97 C280 sport. I had similar problem, turned out to be oil sensor was faulty, I don't recall the exact amount but it was a few hundred £ at the MB dealer to fix.
Nifill

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
It's got to be the sensor, if there is sufficient oil, and probably a pig of a job if fitted in the sump. Do you have a local "indie" who might do it a bit cheaper than MB?

C220GJS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W202 C220 Elegance
You have a dipstick to check the oil level ,if you find the lamp irritating cover it with a piece of tape or take the bulb out (involves pulling out the instrument panel), but there is no way I would pay as much as you have been told for something that is basically unnecessary.
Just my opinion. Geo.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
C220GJS said:
You have a dipstick to check the oil level
. Geo.
Some of you may have this luxury, wish that I did, I am not going to get on very well without one.

malcolm

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom