Maybe I worry too much...

veedweeb

Reaction score
My car, a W202 C240 has developed a knocking noise. When you accelerate, and then come off the gas, it's a loud thumping noise.

Great... sounds like a gearbox mounting has broken. Maybe the exhaust.

Up on the ramps, no sign of anything.

Another test drive - there it is again. :confused:

I found the problem this morning... it was an apple rolling around in the centre armrest/cubbyhole thing :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
veedweeb said:
My car, a W202 C240 has developed a knocking noise. When you accelerate, and then come off the gas, it's a loud thumping noise.

Great... sounds like a gearbox mounting has broken. Maybe the exhaust.

Up on the ramps, no sign of anything.

Another test drive - there it is again. :confused:

I found the problem this morning... it was an apple rolling around in the centre armrest/cubbyhole thing :rolleyes:
Did you eat it :)

malcolm

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
classic loved that one,

we think we know so much and try to indulge our extensive knowledge to elimaniate all posibilites, yet often overlooking or not even considering the most simple things.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom